Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Staphylococcus aureus (HRP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Staphylococcus aureus antibody (HRP)
See all Staphylococcus aureus primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Staphylococcus aureus (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
Soluble and structural antigens of Staphylococcus aureus whole bacterium; ATCC #27660.
This antibody reacts with Staphylococcus aureus in bacterial and infected tissue samples.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody reacts with Staphylococcus aureus in bacterial and infected tissue samples.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68952 in the following tested applications.
RelevanceS.aureus binds IgG molecules by their Fc region. In serum, the bacteria will bind IgG molecules in the wrong orientation on their surface, which hinders opsonization and phagocytosis. Mutants of S. aureus lacking protein A are more efficiently phagocytosed in vitro, and mutants in infection models have diminished virulence. Due to its affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein A is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
Cellular localizationSecreted; cell wall.
- IgG binding protein A antibody
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A antibody
- SPA antibody
ab68952 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.