Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to StAR
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203193 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Use at 1/50 - 1/200 with fluorescent detection methods.
FunctionPlays a key role in steroid hormone synthesis by enhancing the metabolism of cholesterol into pregnenolone. Mediates the transfer of cholesterol from the outer mitochondrial membrane to the inner mitochondrial membrane where it is cleaved to pregnenolone.
Tissue specificityExpressed in gonads, adrenal cortex and kidney.
PathwaySteroid metabolism; cholesterol metabolism.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAR are the cause of adrenal hyperplasia type 1 (AH1) [MIM:201710]. The most severe form of adrenal hyperplasia. It is a condition characterized by onset of profound adrenocortical insufficiency shortly after birth, hyperpigmentation reflecting increased production of pro-opiomelanocortin, elevated plasma renin activity as a consequence of reduced aldosterone synthesis, and male pseudohermaphroditism resulting from deficient fetal testicular testosterone synthesis. Affected individuals are phenotypic females irrespective of gonadal sex, and frequently die in infancy if mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid replacement are not instituted.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 START domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Cholesterol trafficker antibody
- Luteinizing hormone induced protein antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded rat kidney tissue, labeling StAR using ab203193 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded mouse embryo tissue, labeling StAR using ab203193 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
ab203193 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Qi Q et al. Platelets induce increased estrogen production through NF-?B and TGF-ß1 signaling pathways in endometriotic stromal cells. Sci Rep 10:1281 (2020). PubMed: 31992765
- Chen X et al. Alleviation of Mechanical Allodynia by 14,15-Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acid in a Central Poststroke Pain Model: Possible Role of Allopregnanolone and d-Subunit-Containing Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid A Receptors. J Pain 20:577-591 (2019). PubMed: 30500366
- Yang Q et al. Effects of Exposure to Bisphenol A during Pregnancy on the Pup Testis Function. Int J Endocrinol 2019:6785289 (2019). PubMed: 31263496
- Huang X et al. Effects of electroacupuncture on luteal regression and steroidogenesis in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome model rat. Life Sci 197:1-9 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29482802
- Chung HJ et al. Steroidogenic effects of Taraxacum officinale extract on the levels of steroidogenic enzymes in mouse Leydig cells. Anim Cells Syst (Seoul) 22:407-414 (2018). PubMed: 30533263
- Yang Y et al. Effects of maternal acrolein exposure during pregnancy on testicular testosterone production in fetal rats. Mol Med Rep 16:491-498 (2017). PubMed: 28560422
- Banu SK et al. Resveratrol protects the ovary against chromium-toxicity by enhancing endogenous antioxidant enzymes and inhibiting metabolic clearance of estradiol. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 303:65-78 (2016). PubMed: 27129868