Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1814Y] to STAT2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibody [EP1814Y]
See all STAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1814Y] to STAT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Mouse STAT2 aa 850-950 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Human, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134192 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Information by UniProt
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- ISGF 3 antibody
ab134192 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen X et al. [High expression of STAT2 in ovarian cancer and its effect on metastasis of ovarian cancer cells]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 40:34-41 (2020). PubMed: 32376554
- Liu H et al. microRNA-203 promotes proliferation, differentiation, and migration of osteoblasts by upregulation of Msh homeobox 2. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30854680
- Yang J et al. Combination of IFITM1 knockdown and radiotherapy inhibits the growth of oral cancer. Cancer Sci 109:3115-3128 (2018). PubMed: 29770536
- Nishizawa K et al. Efficacy and mechanism of a glycoside compound inhibiting abnormal prion protein formation in prion-infected cells: implications of interferon and phosphodiesterase 4D-interacting protein. J Virol 88:4083-99 (2014). PubMed: 24453367