Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to STAT2 (phospho Y690)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody
See all STAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2 (phospho Y690)
Specificityab53132 detects endogenous levels of STAT2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 690.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human STAT2. A synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human STAT2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 690 (R-K-YP-L-K).
Database link: P52630
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53132 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53132 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Information by UniProt
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- ISGF 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody (ab53132) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 98 kDa
Observed band size: 98 kDa
ab53132, at 1/50 dilution, staining STAT2 in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunising peptide.
ab53132 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Wong SW et al. Global deletion of Optineurin results in altered type I IFN signaling and abnormal bone remodeling in a model of Paget's disease. Cell Death Differ 27:71-84 (2020). PubMed: 31076632
- Yoshikawa R et al. Species-Specific Pathogenicity of Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome Virus Is Determined by Anti-STAT2 Activity of NSs. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30814285
- Liu H et al. microRNA-203 promotes proliferation, differentiation, and migration of osteoblasts by upregulation of Msh homeobox 2. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30854680
- Guan G et al. Down-regulation of IFIT3 protects liver from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Int Immunopharmacol 60:170-178 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29734133
- Zhang CJ et al. Act1 is a negative regulator in T and B cells via direct inhibition of STAT3. Nat Commun 9:2745 (2018). PubMed: 30013031