Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1900Y] to STAT4
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-STAT4 antibody [EP1900Y]
See all STAT4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1900Y] to STAT4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human STAT4 aa 700 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q14765
- WB: Daudi, K562 and Hela cell lysates. IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue sections. ICC: HeLa cells
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 30, 86 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||1/100 - 1/250.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCarries out a dual function: signal transduction and activation of transcription. Involved in IL12 signaling.
Involvement in diseaseSystemic lupus erythematosus 11
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated. Serine phosphorylation is also required for maximal transcriptional activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus in response to phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 antibody
- SLEB11 antibody
- STAT4 antibody
- STAT4_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-STAT4 antibody [EP1900Y] (ab68156) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Daudi cell lysate
Lane 2 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Hela cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 86 kDa
Observed band size: 86 kDa
Additional bands at: 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunocytochemistry analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) labeling STAT4 with purified ab68156 at 1/50 dilution (9 µg/ml). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 0.1% tritonX-100. Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) at 1/1000 (2 µg/ml) was used as the secondary antibody. ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.16 µg/ml) was used as counterstain. Nuclei were stained blue with DAPI.
Negative control: PBS instead of the primary antibody.
ab68156, at 1/100 dilution, staining STAT4 in paraffin embedded human tonsil tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68156 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xu YP et al. Tumor suppressor TET2 promotes cancer immunity and immunotherapy efficacy. J Clin Invest 130:4316-4331 (2019). PubMed: 31310587
- Shen DD et al. Liuweibuqi capsules improve pulmonary function in stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with lung-qi deficiency syndrome by regulating STAT4/STAT6 and MMP-9/TIMP-1. Pharm Biol 57:744-752 (2019). PubMed: 31679431
- Sun W et al. 'Psoriasis 1' reduces psoriasis-like skin inflammation by inhibiting the VDR-mediated nuclear NF-?B and STAT signaling pathways. Mol Med Rep 18:2733-2743 (2018). PubMed: 30015892
- Domae E et al. Cytokine-mediated activation of human ex vivo-expanded V?9Vd2 T cells. Oncotarget 8:45928-45942 (2017). PubMed: 28521284