Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to STAT5
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-STAT5 antibody
See all STAT5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT5
SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with any other STATs or related proteins
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Cow
- CTLL cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
PBS is Magnesium and Calcium free
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16276 in the following tested applications.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa. Detects bands of approximately 92 kDa and 85 kDa representing STAT5a and STAT5b respectively from CTLL cell lysate.|
FunctionCarries out a dual function: signal transduction and activation of transcription. Binds to the GAS element and activates PRL-induced transcription.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-2, IL-3, IL-7, IL-15, GM-CSF, growth hormone, prolactin, erythropoietin and thrombopoietin. Tyrosine phosphorylation is required for DNA-binding activity and dimerization. Serine phosphorylation is also required for maximal transcriptional activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus in response to phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- MGF antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A antibody
- Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 5B antibody
Anti-STAT5 antibody (ab16276) + SK-BR-3 Human adenocarcinoma cell line
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab71498 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16276, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab16276 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Chen Z et al. Long non-coding RNA XIST promotes the development of esophageal cancer by sponging miR-494 to regulate CDK6 expression. Biomed Pharmacother 109:2228-2236 (2019). PubMed: 30551480
- Li L et al. Classical dendritic cells regulate acute lung inflammation and injury in mice with lipopolysaccharide-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome. Int J Mol Med 44:617-629 (2019). PubMed: 31173158
- Ma F et al. Interleukin-6-mediated CCR9+ interleukin-17-producing regulatory T cells polarization increases the severity of necrotizing enterocolitis. EBioMedicine 44:71-85 (2019). PubMed: 31129099
- Cui C et al. Hypoxia-inducible gene 2 promotes the immune escape of hepatocellular carcinoma from nature killer cells through the interleukin-10-STAT3 signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:229 (2019). PubMed: 31142329
- Mao QF et al. Immunoregulatory role of IL-2/STAT5/CD4+CD25+Foxp3 Treg pathway in the pathogenesis of chronic osteomyelitis. Ann Transl Med 7:384 (2019). PubMed: 31555698