Product nameAnti-STAT5a (phospho Y694) antibody
See all STAT5a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT5a (phospho Y694)
Specificityab30648 detects endogenous levels of STAT5A only when phosphorylated at Tyrosine 694. Antibody ab31377 is raised against the same peptide sequence but non-phosphorylated at tyrosine 694.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human STAT5a around the phosphorylation site of Tyrosine 694.
- Breast carcinoma tissue; HeLa cells treated with EGF.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30648 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCarries out a dual function: signal transduction and activation of transcription. Binds to the GAS element and activates PRL-induced transcription.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-2, IL-3, IL-7, IL-15, GM-CSF, growth hormone, prolactin, erythropoietin and thrombopoietin. Tyrosine phosphorylation is required for DNA-binding activity and dimerization. Serine phosphorylation is also required for maximal transcriptional activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus in response to phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- Mammary gland factor antibody
- MGF antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma tissue. Left: Using ab30648 (10ug/ml); right: the same antibody preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-STAT5a (phospho Y694) antibody (ab30648)
Lane 1 : HeLa cells untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cells treated with EGF
Predicted band size: 91 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab30648 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang S et al. Exosomes released by hepatocarcinoma cells endow adipocytes with tumor-promoting properties. J Hematol Oncol 11:82 (2018). PubMed: 29898759
- Matsunaga K et al. IL-1ß directly inhibits milk lipid production in lactating mammary epithelial cells concurrently with enlargement of cytoplasmic lipid droplets. Exp Cell Res 370:365-372 (2018). PubMed: 29966663
- Mace TA et al. Single agent BMS-911543 Jak2 inhibitor has distinct inhibitory effects on STAT5 signaling in genetically engineered mice with pancreatic cancer. Oncotarget 6:44509-22 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26575024
- Surana R et al. IL4 limits the efficacy of tumor-targeted antibody therapy in a murine model. Cancer Immunol Res 2:1103-12 (2014). PubMed: 25204776
- Bertucci PY et al. Glucocorticoid-induced impairment of mammary gland involution is associated with STAT5 and STAT3 signaling modulation. Endocrinology 151:5730-40 (2010). PubMed: 20881248