Product nameSteady DAB/Plus (200ml)
DAB is a widely used chromogen for immunoperoxidase staining and is well accepted amongst pathologists because of its increased sensitivity and ability to give cleaner background when compared to amino ethylcarbazole (AEC). Specimens stained in DAB can be dehydrated, cleared and mounted for permenant record keeping.
ab103723 is more sensitive than traditional working with DAB solutions and is also stable for 2 weeks after dilution, compared to 6 hours for traditional DAB working. ab103723 is also ideal for high volume labs and automatic stainers.
Intended Use: Substrate/chromogen in conjunction with peroxidase-based immunostaining systems.
Working Solution: Aliquot 1 ml of Steady DAB/Plus Buffer in mixing bottle. Add 20 µl (one drop) of concentrated Steady DAB/Plus Chromogen. Replace tip and mix.
Note: The working Steady DAB/Plus solution is stable for at least 2 weeks and should be prepared in an opaque bottle. Store at 2-8ºC when not in use. Any solution not used after this period should be discarded.
- After peroxidase incubation, wash sections with wash buffer.
- Wipe slides removing excess buffer. Add enough drops of working Steady DAB/Plus solution to cover tissue sections.
- Incubate for 5-10 minutes at room temperature. For optimal results, observe reaction under the microscope for signal development. Once the desired signal to noise ration is achieved, stop the reaction by washing slides in buffer.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Storage bufferConstituent: 1% Hydrogen peroxide
Note: Hydrogen peroxide in substrate buffer
Components 200 ml Concentrated DAB Chromogen Substrate 1 x 5ml DAB/Plus Substrate Buffer 1 x 200ml Empty Mixing Dropping Bottle 1 unit
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab103723 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Aliquot 1mL of DAB/Plus buffer in mixing bottle. Add 20uL (one drop) of concentrated DAB chromogen. Replace tip and mix.|
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human skin tissue stained with wide spectrum Cytokeratin antibody (ab936) labeled with Stable DAB Plus (ab103723) produces an even chocolate brown stain.
Steady DAB/Plus staining Dog 1 on Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor tissue.
This product has been referenced in:
- Jungen C et al. Disruption of cardiac cholinergic neurons enhances susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmias. Nat Commun 8:14155 (2017). IHC ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 28128201) »
- Botti G et al. COX-2 expression positively correlates with PD-L1 expression in human melanoma cells. J Transl Med 15:46 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28231855) »