Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11695(B)] to Steroidogenic Factor 1/SF-1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Steroidogenic Factor 1/SF-1 antibody [EPR11695(B)]
See all Steroidogenic Factor 1/SF-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11695(B)] to Steroidogenic Factor 1/SF-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Steroidogenic Factor 1/SF-1.
Database link: Q13285
- Jurkat and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
Previously labelled as Steroidogenic Factor 1.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168380 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator. Seems to be essential for sexual differentiation and formation of the primary steroidogenic tissues. Binds to the Ad4 site found in the promoter region of steroidogenic P450 genes such as CYP11A, CYP11B and CYP21B. Also regulates the AMH/Muellerian inhibiting substance gene as well as the AHCH and STAR genes. 5'-YCAAGGYC-3' and 5'-RRAGGTCA-3' are the consensus sequences for the recognition by NR5A1. The SFPQ-NONO-NR5A1 complex binds to the CYP17 promoter and regulates basal and cAMP-dependent transcriptional avtivity. Binds phosphatidylcholine (By similarity). Binds phospholipids with a phosphatidylinositol (PI) headgroup, in particular PI(3,4)P2 and PI(3,4,5)P3.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NR5A1 are a cause of 46,XY disorder of sex development (46,XY DSD) [MIM:612965]; also known as XY sex reversal with or without adrenal failure. A congenital condition in which development of chromosomal, gonadal, or antomic sex is atypical. 46,XY DSD is a disorder of gonadal (testicular) development, which may be complete or partial. The complete form includes streak gonads, normal mullerian structures, and normal female external genitalia. The partial form includes ambiguous external genitalia and partial development of mullerian and wolffian structures.
Defects in NR5A1 are a cause of adrenocortical insufficiency without ovarian defect (ACIWOD) [MIM:184757]. ACIWOD is characterized by severe 'slackness' muscular hypotonia. There is decreased sodium, increased potassium and elevated ACTH.
Defects in NR5A1 are the cause of premature ovarian failure type 7 (POF7) [MIM:612964]. An ovarian disorder defined as the cessation of ovarian function under the age of 40 years. It is characterized by oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, in the presence of elevated levels of serum gonadotropins and low estradiol.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR5 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsAcetylation stimulates the transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
- AD4BP antibody
- Adrenal 4 binding protein antibody
- Adrenal 4-binding protein antibody
ab168380 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Prasad SK et al. Radioprotective effect of ethanolic extract of Alocasia indica on ?-irradiation-induced reproductive alterations in ovary and uterus. Int J Radiat Biol N/A:1-14 (2019). PubMed: 31314632
- Huang H et al. CRISPR/dCas9-mediated activation of multiple endogenous target genes directly converts human foreskin fibroblasts into Leydig-like cells. J Cell Mol Med 23:6072-6084 (2019). PubMed: 31264792
- Idrees M et al. PTPN11 (SHP2) Is Indispensable for Growth Factors and Cytokine Signal Transduction During Bovine Oocyte Maturation and Blastocyst Development. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31635340
- Medwid S et al. Prenatal exposure to bisphenol A disrupts adrenal steroidogenesis in adult mouse offspring. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 43:203-8 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27017381