Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to STIM2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-STIM2 antibody
See all STIM2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STIM2
Specificityab59342 is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to STIM1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
An 18 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human STIM2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59342 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).Can be blocked with STIM2 peptide (ab176417).|
FunctionFunctions as a highly sensitive Ca(2+) sensor in the endoplasmic reticulum which activates both store-operated and store-independent Ca(2+)-influx. Regulates basal cytosolic and endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) concentrations. Upon mild variations of the endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) concentration, translocates from the endoplasmic reticulum to the plasma membrane where it probably activates the Ca(2+) release-activated Ca(2+) (CRAC) channels ORAI1, ORAI2 and ORAI3. May inhibit STIM1-mediated Ca(2+) influx.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues and tumor cell lines examined.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EF-hand domain.
Contains 1 SAM (sterile alpha motif) domain.
Phosphorylated predominantly on Ser residues.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Dynamically translocates from a uniform endoplasmic reticulum distribution to punctual endoplasmic reticulum-plasma membrane junctions in response to decrease in endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) concentration.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ39527 antibody
- KIAA1482 antibody
- STIM 2 antibody
ab59342 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Lianto P et al. Inhibitory effects of quail egg on mast cells degranulation by suppressing PAR2-mediated MAPK and NF-kB activation. Food Nutr Res 62:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30083085
- He X et al. Hypoxia selectively upregulates cation channels and increases cytosolic [Ca2+] in pulmonary, but not coronary, arterial smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 314:C504-C517 (2018). PubMed: 29351410
- Bréchard S et al. STIM1 but not STIM2 is an essential regulator of Ca2+ influx-mediated NADPH oxidase activity in neutrophil-like HL-60 cells. Biochem Pharmacol 78:504-13 (2009). PubMed: 19433064
- Chiu TY et al. Dominant role of Orai1 with STIM1 on the cytosolic entry and cytotoxicity of lead ions. Toxicol Sci 110:353-62 (2009). PubMed: 19429662