Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Stra8
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Stra8 antibody
See all Stra8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Stra8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- WB: Stra8 (mouse) transient overexpression lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Recommended use at a low concentration otherwise high background staining may be observed|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
FunctionRequired for the transition into meiosis for both female and male germ cells. In female germ cells, required for premeiotic DNA replication and subsequent events in meiotic prophase.
Tissue specificityExpressed specifically in testis.
- Information by UniProt
- Stimulated by retinoic acid 8 antibody
- stimulated by retinoic acid 8 homolog antibody
- Stimulated by retinoic acid Gene 8 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Stra8 antibody (ab49405) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : CHO overexpressing Mouse Stra8 lysate
Lane 2 : CHO Negative Control Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 1 µl per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Ab49405 recognizes tagged overexpressed Stra8 protein which has an expected molecular weight of 60 kDa.
IHC image of Stra8 staining in mouse testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab49405, 0.1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A goat anti-rabbit biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab49405 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Kojima ML et al. Amplification of a broad transcriptional program by a common factor triggers the meiotic cell cycle in mice. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30810530
- Todaro F et al. Regulation of Kit Expression in Early Mouse Embryos and ES Cells. Stem Cells 37:332-344 (2019). PubMed: 30566254
- Fine AD et al. Uncoupling of transcriptomic and cytological differentiation in mouse spermatocytes with impaired meiosis. Mol Biol Cell 30:717-728 (2019). PubMed: 30649999
- Chen M et al. Abnormal Meiosis Initiation in Germ Cell Caused by Aberrant Differentiation of Gonad Somatic Cell. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:8030697 (2019). PubMed: 31583044
- Zhou Y et al. Wdr62 is involved in meiotic initiation via activating JNK signaling and associated with POI in humans. PLoS Genet 14:e1007463 (2018). PubMed: 30102701