Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [GT661] to Strep-tag II
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG2a
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Strep-tag II antibody [GT661]
See all Strep-tag II primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [GT661] to Strep-tag II
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
- Strep-tagged protein expressing 293T cells.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 25th May 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Constituents: 80% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab184224 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/10000.
1/100 - 1/1000.
1/1000 - 1/10000.
1/100 - 1/1000.
RelevanceStreptavidin is a tetrameric protein purified from Streptomyces avidinii. It has wide use in numerous molecular biological protocols dues to its strong affinity for biotin. The original Strep-tag (AWRHPQFGG) was a nine amino acid peptide with high specificity and affinity towards streptavidin which allows the simple purification of protein by use of affinity columns, but required addition to only the C-terminus of recombinant proteins. To also allow a Strep-tag to be placed at the N-terminus of recombinant proteins, it was re-engineered and re-named Strep-tag II.
- anti-Strep-Tag II antibody
- Strep-Tag II antibody
- Strep-Tag II antibody antibody
- Strep-Tag IIantiboy antibody
All lanes : Anti-Strep-tag II antibody [GT661] (ab184224) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : whole cell lysate of strep-tagged II protein expressing 293T cells
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
12 % SDS-PAGE
Immunofluorescent analysis of Strep II/GFP-tag transfected HeLa cells (fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde at RT for 15 min) showing labeling of Strep-recombinant protein by ab184224 used at 1/500 dilution. Red: Strep-recombinant protein stained by Strep-tag antibody (ab184224) diluted at 1:500. Green: GFP is expressed in the tranfected cell. Blue: Hoechst 33342 staining.
ab184224 immunoprecipitates strep tagged protein in IP experiments. IP Sample: 293T whole cell lysate/extract.
Lane 1 : 20 μg whole cell lysate/extract of strep II tagged protein expressing 293T cells
Lane 2 : Control with 2.5 μg of pre-immune mouse IgG
Lane 3 : Immunoprecipitation of strep tagged protein by 2.5 μg of strep tag antibody (ab184224).
10% SDS-PAGE -The immunoprecipitated strep tagged protein was detected by strep tag antibody (ab184224) diluted at 1/3000. Anti-mouse IgG (HRP) antibody was used as a secondary reagent.
ab184224 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- De Caluwé L et al. The CD147 Protein Complex Is Involved in Entry of Chikungunya Virus and Related Alphaviruses in Human Cells. Front Microbiol 12:615165 (2021). PubMed: 33717005
- Lulla V & Firth AE A hidden gene in astroviruses encodes a viroporin. Nat Commun 11:4070 (2020). PubMed: 32792502
- Lulla V et al. An upstream protein-coding region in enteroviruses modulates virus infection in gut epithelial cells. Nat Microbiol 4:280-292 (2019). PubMed: 30478287
- Brenca M et al. NR4A3 fusion proteins trigger an axon guidance switch that marks the difference between EWSR1 and TAF15 translocated extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcomas. J Pathol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31020999
- Habich M et al. Vectorial Import via a Metastable Disulfide-Linked Complex Allows for a Quality Control Step and Import by the Mitochondrial Disulfide Relay. Cell Rep 26:759-774.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30650365
- Li CG et al. PPAR? Interaction with UBR5/ATMIN Promotes DNA Repair to Maintain Endothelial Homeostasis. Cell Rep 26:1333-1343.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30699358
- Li M et al. Identification of antiviral roles for the exon-junction complex and nonsense-mediated decay in flaviviral infection. Nat Microbiol 4:985-995 (2019). PubMed: 30833725
- Fontaine KA et al. The Cellular NMD Pathway Restricts Zika Virus Infection and Is Targeted by the Viral Capsid Protein. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30401782