Product nameStreptavidin Conjugation Kit - Lightning-Link®
Streptavidin Conjugation Kit / Streptavidin Labeling Kit ab102921 uses a simple and quick process for streptavidin labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to Streptavidin using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 3 hrs
- add quencher and incubate for 30 mins
The conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to Streptavidin.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® Streptavidin Labeling Kit. 708-0005 is the same as the 100 µg size. 708-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 708-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 708-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to Streptavidin
Kit size Recommended maximum
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µL 100 µg 100 µg 100 µL 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µL 1 mg 1 mg 1 mL
1 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 5mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture are not suitable for conjugation.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Conjugationmore details
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg 300 µg 30 µg Modifier reagent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial Quencher reagent 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial 1 vial Streptavidin mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg 3 x 100µg 3 x 10µg
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Conjugation||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
ab102921 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Muralidhara S et al. Quantum dot encapsulated nanocolloidal bioconjugates function as bioprobes for in vitro intracellular imaging. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 182:110348 (2019). PubMed: 31301579
- Duro D et al. Clock drawing test in mild cognitive impairment: Correlation with cerebral perfusion in single-photon emission computed tomography. Neuropsychology 33:617-632 (2019). PubMed: 30985179
- Cheung A et al. Anti-Folate Receptor Alpha-Directed Antibody Therapies Restrict the Growth of Triple-negative Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:5098-5111 (2018). PubMed: 30068707
- Tafoya MA et al. Superparamagnetic nanoparticle-enhanced MRI of Alzheimer's disease plaques and activated microglia in 3X transgenic mouse brains: Contrast optimization. J Magn Reson Imaging 46:574-588 (2017). PubMed: 27875002
- Pinder CL et al. Isolation and Characterization of Antigen-Specific Plasmablasts Using a Novel Flow Cytometry-Based Ig Capture Assay. J Immunol 199:4180-4188 (2017). PubMed: 29118244