Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Substance P
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Substance P antibody
See all Substance P primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Substance P
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Substance P conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- Rat spinal cord dorsal horn
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab67006 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The Substance P antiserum was quality control tested using standard immunohistochemical methods. The antiserum demonstrates significant positive labeling of rat substantia nigra and spinal cord using indirect immunofluorescent techniques. Specificity was demonstrated using soluble pre-adsorption with the peptides in question at a final concentration of 10 µg of peptide per mL of diluted antiserum. Immunolabeling was completely abolished by pre-adsorption with Substance P. Pre-adsorption with the following peptides resulted in no reduction of immunostaining: neurokinin A, neurokinin B, somatostatin and neuropeptide K.
FunctionTachykinins are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses, are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tachykinin family.
- Information by UniProt
- C-terminal-flanking peptide antibody
- Hs.2563 antibody
- neurokinin 1 antibody
ab67006 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen LZ et al. Neuropeptide Initiated Mast Cell Activation by Transcutaneous Electrical Acupoint Stimulation of Acupoint LI4 in Rats. Sci Rep 8:13921 (2018). PubMed: 30224712
- Zhi MJ et al. Application of the chronic constriction injury of the partial sciatic nerve model to assess acupuncture analgesia. J Pain Res 10:2271-2280 (2017). PubMed: 29033603
- Hu H et al. Blocking of the P2X7 receptor inhibits the activation of the MMP-13 and NF-?B pathways in the cartilage tissue of rats with osteoarthritis. Int J Mol Med 38:1922-1932 (2016). PubMed: 27748894
- Herrity AN et al. The effect of spinal cord injury on the neurochemical properties of vagal sensory neurons. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 308:R1021-33 (2015). PubMed: 25855310