Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [M09205] to Substance P
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Substance P antibody [M09205]
See all Substance P primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [M09205] to Substance P
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Substance-P conjugated to BSA.
Substance P belongs to the tachykinin family. These are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses, are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesSubstance P belongs to the tachykinin family. These are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses, are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21294877|
FunctionTachykinins are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses, are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tachykinin family.
- Information by UniProt
- C-terminal-flanking peptide antibody
- Hs.2563 antibody
- neurokinin 1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen neonatal murine DRG explants, staining Substance P with ab7340 at 1/200 dilution.
Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde, cut into 10 µm sections, permeabilized with 0.1% SDS for 5 mins and incubated in 10% foetal calf serum in TBST for 10 mins. Sections were incubated with primary antibody overnight before incubating with Texas Red-conjugated goat anti-rat secondary antibody (1/250) for 40 minutes at room temperature.
ab7340 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Green DP et al. A Mast-Cell-Specific Receptor Mediates Neurogenic Inflammation and Pain. Neuron 101:412-420.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30686732
- Nikaki K et al. Esophageal mucosal innervation in functional heartburn: Closer to healthy asymptomatic subjects than to non-erosive reflux disease patients. Neurogastroenterol Motil 31:e13667 (2019). PubMed: 31225933
- Meixiong J et al. Identification of a bilirubin receptor that may mediate a component of cholestatic itch. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30657454
- Davis MI et al. The cannabinoid-1 receptor is abundantly expressed in striatal striosomes and striosome-dendron bouquets of the substantia nigra. PLoS One 13:e0191436 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29466446
- Colina C et al. Selective tracking of FFAR3-expressing neurons supports receptor coupling to N-type calcium channels in mouse sympathetic neurons. Sci Rep 8:17379 (2018). PubMed: 30478340