Key features and details
- Sensory neuropeptide
- CAS Number: 33507-63-0
- Soluble in water
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSubstance P, Sensory neuropeptide
Sensory neuropeptide and inflammatory mediator involved in pain transmission.
SequenceRPKPQQFFGLM (Modifications: C-terminal amide)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120170 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wei XP et al. A novel reticular node in the brainstem synchronizes neonatal mouse crying with breathing. Neuron 110:644-657.e6 (2022). PubMed: 34998469
- Huang S et al. Tetramethylpyrazine Retards the Progression and Fibrogenesis of Endometriosis. Reprod Sci 29:1170-1187 (2022). PubMed: 35099777
- Zhang S et al. Dramatic Effect of Botulinum Toxin Type A on Hypertrophic Scar: A Promising Therapeutic Drug and Its Mechanism Through the SP-NK1R Pathway in Cutaneous Neurogenic Inflammation. Front Med (Lausanne) 9:820817 (2022). PubMed: 35308522
- Ou K et al. Restoring retinal neurovascular health via substance P. Exp Cell Res 380:115-123 (2019). PubMed: 30995434
- Bulc M et al. Changes in Immunoreactivity of Sensory Substances within the Enteric Nervous System of the Porcine Stomach during Experimentally Induced Diabetes. J Diabetes Res 2018:4735659 (2018). PubMed: 30140706
- Xu C et al. Medial Habenula-Interpeduncular Nucleus Circuit Contributes to Anhedonia-Like Behavior in a Rat Model of Depression. Front Behav Neurosci 12:238 (2018). PubMed: 30356828
- Palus K et al. Changes in VIP-, SP- and CGRP- like immunoreactivity in intramural neurons within the pig stomach following supplementation with low and high doses of acrylamide. Neurotoxicology 69:47-59 (2018). PubMed: 30222996
- Mengoni T et al. A Chitosan-Based Liposome Formulation Enhances the In Vitro Wound Healing Efficacy of Substance P Neuropeptide. Pharmaceutics 9:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29211047
- Brimblecombe KR & Cragg SJ Substance P Weights Striatal Dopamine Transmission Differently within the Striosome-Matrix Axis. J Neurosci 35:9017-23 (2015). PubMed: 26085627
- Brancati SB et al. Substance P induces gastric mucosal protection at supraspinal level via increasing the level of endomorphin-2 in rats. Brain Res Bull 91:38-45 (2013). PubMed: 23328537