Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Sulfatase 1/SULF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Sulfatase 1/SULF1 antibody
See all Sulfatase 1/SULF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Sulfatase 1/SULF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Quail
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Sulfatase 1/SULF1 aa 850 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- IHC-P: Normal human skeletal muscle.
This product was previously labelled as Sulfatase 1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32763 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionExhibits arylsulfatase activity and highly specific endoglucosamine-6-sulfatase activity. It can remove sulfate from the C-6 position of glucosamine within specific subregions of intact heparin. Diminishes HSPG (heparan sulfate proteoglycans) sulfation, inhibits signaling by heparin-dependent growth factors, diminishes proliferation, and facilitates apoptosis in response to exogenous stimulation.
Tissue specificityExpressed at highest levels in testis, stomach, skeletal muscle, lung, kidney, pancreas, small intestine and colon. It is also detected in normal ovarian surface epithelial cells. Down-regulation seen in ovarian carcinoma cell lines, ovarian cancers, breast, pancreatic, renal and hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sulfatase family.
modificationsThe conversion to 3-oxoalanine (also known as C-formylglycine, FGly), of a serine or cysteine residue in prokaryotes and of a cysteine residue in eukaryotes, is critical for catalytic activity.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum. Golgi apparatus > Golgi stack. Cell surface. Also localized on the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- DSulf antibody
- Extracellular sulfatase Sulf 1 antibody
- Extracellular sulfatase Sulf-1 antibody
IHC image of Sulfatase 1/SULF1 staining in Human skeletal muscle formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue section*, performed on a Leica Bond™ system.. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab32763, 0.1 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab32763 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Perkins TN et al. Crystalline silica alters Sulfatase-1 expression in rat lungs which influences hyper-proliferative and fibrogenic effects in human lung epithelial cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 348:43-53 (2018). PubMed: 29673857
- Yamada T et al. Heparan sulfate alterations in extracellular matrix structures and fibroblast growth factor-2 signaling impairment in the aged neurogenic niche. J Neurochem 142:534-544 (2017). PubMed: 28547849
- Okada T et al. Desulfation of Heparan Sulfate by Sulf1 and Sulf2 Is Required for Corticospinal Tract Formation. Sci Rep 7:13847 (2017). PubMed: 29062064
- Cheriyan VT et al. Disulfiram suppresses growth of the malignant pleural mesothelioma cells in part by inducing apoptosis. PLoS One 9:e93711 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24690739
- Ji W et al. hSulf-1 gene exhibits anticancer efficacy through negatively regulating VEGFR-2 signaling in human cancers. PLoS One 6:e23274 (2011). PubMed: 21853101
- Ratelade J et al. A murine model of Denys-Drash syndrome reveals novel transcriptional targets of WT1 in podocytes. Hum Mol Genet 19:1-15 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 19797313
- Otsuki S et al. Extracellular sulfatases support cartilage homeostasis by regulating BMP and FGF signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10202-7 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20479257