Product nameSulindac sulfide, COX-1 and 2 inhibitor
DescriptionActive metabolite of Sulindac. COX-1 and 2 inhibitor.
Biological descriptionCell-permeable, active metabolite of Sulindac. Inhibits Ras-induced malignant transformation and Ras/Raf-dependent transactivation. COX-1 and 2 inhibitor (Ki values are 1.02 and 10.43 μM, respectively). Additionally, inhibits γ-secretase. Apoptosis inducer.
Chemical name(Z)-5-Fluoro-2-methyl-1-[p-(methylthio)benzylidene]indene-3-acetic acid
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
- Research Area
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Signal transduction
- Raf kinase
This product has been referenced in:
- Sagi SA et al. Substrate sequence influences gamma-secretase modulator activity, role of the transmembrane domain of the amyloid precursor protein. J Biol Chem 286:39794-803 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21868380) »
- Dannhardt G & Kiefer W Cyclooxygenase inhibitors--current status and future prospects. Eur J Med Chem 36:109-26 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11311743) »
- Herrmann C et al. Sulindac sulfide inhibits Ras signaling. Oncogene 17:1769-76 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9778042) »