Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Sumo 1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Arabidopsis thaliana
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Sumo 1 antibody
See all Sumo 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Sumo 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Arabidopsis thaliana
Recombinant full length protein (Arabidopsis thaliana).
- Arabidopsis extracts that have been heat treated for for 30-120 mins by moving them from 24 to 37 degrees C. Recombinant SUMO1 is detectable at concentrations as low as 5ng/ml.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5316 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.
FunctionUbiquitin-like protein that can be covalently attached to proteins as a monomer or a lysine-linked polymer. Covalent attachment via an isopeptide bond to its substrates requires prior activation by the E1 complex SAE1-SAE2 and linkage to the E2 enzyme UBE2I, and can be promoted by E3 ligases such as PIAS1-4, RANBP2 or CBX4. This post-translational modification on lysine residues of proteins plays a crucial role in a number of cellular processes such as nuclear transport, DNA replication and repair, mitosis and signal transduction. Involved for instance in targeting RANGAP1 to the nuclear pore complex protein RANBP2. Polymeric SUMO1 chains are also susceptible to polyubiquitination which functions as a signal for proteasomal degradation of modified proteins. May also regulate a network of genes involved in palate development.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SUMO1 are the cause of non-syndromic orofacial cleft type 10 (OFC10) [MIM:613705]; also called non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate 10. OFC10 is a birth defect consisting of cleft lips with or without cleft palate. Cleft lips are associated with cleft palate in two-third of cases. A cleft lip can occur on one or both sides and range in severity from a simple notch in the upper lip to a complete opening in the lip extending into the floor of the nostril and involving the upper gum. Note=A chromosomal aberation involving SUMO1 is the cause of OFC10. Translocation t(2;8)(q33.1;q24.3). The breakpoint occurred in the SUMO1 gene and resulted in haploinsufficiency confirmed by protein assays.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin family. SUMO subfamily.
Contains 1 ubiquitin-like domain.
modificationsCleavage of precursor form by SENP1 or SENP2 is necessary for function.
Polymeric SUMO1 chains undergo polyubiquitination by RNF4.
Cellular localizationNucleus membrane. Nucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Recruited by BCL11A into the nuclear body.
- Information by UniProt
- DAP1 antibody
- GAP modifying protein 1 antibody
- GAP-modifying protein 1 antibody
ab5316 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Lin J et al. UL36 Encoded by Marek's Disease Virus Exhibits Linkage-Specific Deubiquitinase Activity. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32150874
- Dong Y et al. HEARTBREAK Controls Post-translational Modification of INDEHISCENT to Regulate Fruit Morphology in Capsella. Curr Biol 30:3880-3888.e5 (2020). PubMed: 32795439
- Liu Y et al. Defining the function of SUMO system in pod development and abiotic stresses in Peanut. BMC Plant Biol 19:593 (2019). PubMed: 31884953
- Wang H et al. Overexpression of a maize SUMO conjugating enzyme gene (ZmSCE1e) increases Sumoylation levels and enhances salt and drought tolerance in transgenic tobacco. Plant Sci 281:113-121 (2019). PubMed: 30824044
- Niu et al. SIZ1-Mediated SUMOylation of TPR1 Suppresses Plant Immunity in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant 12:215-228 (2019). PubMed: 30543996
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org