Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SUN1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SUN1 antibody
See all SUN1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SUN1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse SUN1 aa 200-300 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- WB: Mouse and rat embryonic brain E14, E16 and E18 tissue lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab103021 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa). Abcam recommends using milk as the blocking agent - 3%|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of SUN-protein-containing multivariate complexes also called LINC complexes which link the nucleoskeleton and cytoskeleton by providing versatile outer nuclear membrane attachment sites for cytoskeletal filaments. Required for interkinetic nuclear migration (INM) and essential for nucleokinesis and centrosome-nucleus coupling during radial neuronal migration in the cerebral cortex and during glial migration. Anchors chromosome movement in the prophase of meiosis and is involved in selective gene expression of coding and non-coding RNAs needed for gametogenesis. Required for telomere attachment to nuclear envelope and gametogenesis. Helps to define the distribution of nuclear pore complexes (NPCs).
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SUN domain.
DomainThe SUN domain may play a role in the nuclear anchoring and/or migration.
Cellular localizationNucleus inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein unc-84 homolog A antibody
- Sad1 and UNC84 domain containing 1 antibody
- Sad1/unc 84 protein like 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SUN1 antibody (ab103021) at 1 µg/ml (Milk blocking - 3%)
Lane 1 : E14 Mouse Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : E16 Mouse Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : E18 Mouse Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : E14 Rat Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : E16 Rat Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 6 : E18 Rat Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 150 kDa, 24 kDa, 64 kDa, 80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Abcam recommends using milk as the blocking agent. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above. This blot was produced using a 10% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 5% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab103021 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab103021 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Porter L et al. SUN1/2 Are Essential for RhoA/ROCK-Regulated Actomyosin Activity in Isolated Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31935926
- Rohožková J et al. Pairing of homologous chromosomes in C. elegans meiosis requires DEB-1 - an orthologue of mammalian vinculin. Nucleus 10:93-115 (2019). PubMed: 31068058
- Liu L et al. Cytoskeletal control of nuclear morphology and stiffness are required for OPN-induced bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell migration. Biochem Cell Biol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30608867
- Wang L et al. Dual roles of TRF1 in tethering telomeres to the nuclear envelope and protecting them from fusion during meiosis. Cell Death Differ 25:1174-1188 (2018). PubMed: 29311622
- Li P et al. The function of the inner nuclear envelope protein SUN1 in mRNA export is regulated by phosphorylation. Sci Rep 7:9157 (2017). PubMed: 28831067
- Stroud MJ et al. Nesprin 1a2 is essential for mouse postnatal viability and nuclear positioning in skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol 216:1915-1924 (2017). PubMed: 28533284
- Mikolcevic P et al. Essential role of the Cdk2 activator RingoA in meiotic telomere tethering to the nuclear envelope. Nat Commun 7:11084 (2016). PubMed: 27025256
- Luo YB & Kim NH PLK4 is essential for meiotic resumption in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod 92:101 (2015). PubMed: 25740542