Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Superoxide Dismutase 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody
See all Superoxide Dismutase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Superoxide Dismutase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of human Superoxide Dismutase 1
- Jurkat cell lysate, human placenta and HeLa cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
FunctionDestroys radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOD1 are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 1 (ALS1) [MIM:105400]. ALS1 is a familial form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of cases leading to familial forms.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsUnlike wild-type protein, the pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-38, Arg-47, Arg-86 and Ala-94 are polyubiquitinated by RNF19A leading to their proteasomal degradation. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 are ubiquitinated by MARCH5 leading to their proteasomal degradation.
The ditryptophan cross-link at Trp-33 is reponsible for the non-disulfide-linked homodimerization. Such modification might only occur in extreme conditions and additional experimental evidence is required.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 gradually aggregates and accumulates in mitochondria.
- Information by UniProt
- ALS antibody
- ALS1 antibody
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 1 adult antibody
Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab52950) at 1/5000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 16 kDa
Observed band size: 16 kDa
ab52950 at 1/50 dilution staining Superoxide Dismutase 1 in human placenta by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52950 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Gill C et al. SOD1-positive aggregate accumulation in the CNS predicts slower disease progression and increased longevity in a mutant SOD1 mouse model of ALS. Sci Rep 9:6724 (2019). PubMed: 31040321
- Shvil N et al. MIF inhibits the formation and toxicity of misfolded SOD1 amyloid aggregates: implications for familial ALS. Cell Death Dis 9:107 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29371591
- Wang TH et al. Fisetin Exerts Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Effects in Multiple Mutant hSOD1 Models of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis by Activating ERK. Neuroscience 379:152-166 (2018). IF . PubMed: 29559385
- Wang Y et al. Loss of slit protein nephrin is associated with reduced antioxidant superoxide dismutase expression in podocytes shed from women with preeclampsia. Physiol Rep 6:e13785 (2018). PubMed: 29981208
- Dominguez JH et al. Renal Tubular Cell-Derived Extracellular Vesicles Accelerate the Recovery of Established Renal Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol 28:3533-3544 (2017). PubMed: 28747315