Product nameAnti-Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD antibody [4G11G6]
See all Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4G11G6] to Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD
Detects extracellular Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD.
- Human cartilage lysate
Previously labelled as Superoxide Dismutase 3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80946 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionProtect the extracellular space from toxic effect of reactive oxygen intermediates by converting superoxide radicals into hydrogen peroxide and oxygen.
Tissue specificityExpressed in blood vessels, heart, lung, kidney and placenta. Major SOD isoenzyme in extracellular fluids such as plasma, lymph and synovial fluid.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space. 99% of EC-SOD is anchored to heparan sulfate proteoglycans in the tissue interstitium, and 1% is located in the vasculature in equilibrium between the plasma and the endothelium.
- Information by UniProt
- EC SOD antibody
- EC-SOD antibody
- Extracellular superoxide dismutase [Cu Zn] antibody
Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD antibody [4G11G6] (ab80946) at 1 µg/ml + Lung (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 54 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab80946 at 1/100 dilution staining Superoxide Dismutase 3/EC-SOD in human cartilage by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixative fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section). Antigen retrieval was done by microwave in citrate buffer. A HRP-conjugated anti mouse secondary was used at 1/10 dilution. Image 'a' repersents control, 'b' staining of tissue from young human cartilage and 'c' show staining cartilage of a person suffered from osteoarthritis.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab80946 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab80946, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab80946 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- García-Vilas JA et al. In silico prediction of targets for anti-angiogenesis and their in vitro evaluation confirm the involvement of SOD3 in angiogenesis. Oncotarget 9:17349-17367 (2018). PubMed: 29707113
- Wang L et al. Prazosin protects myocardial cells against anoxia-reoxygenation injury via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:2145-2152 (2018). PubMed: 29207167
- Ma SC et al. WITHDRAWN: Mechanism of extracellular-superoxide dismutase DNA methylation in a hyperhomocysteinemia-induced atherosclerosis in a mouse model. Int J Mol Med N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30431063
- Arcucci A et al. Analysis of extracellular superoxide dismutase and Akt in ascending aortic aneurysm with tricuspid or bicuspid aortic valve. Eur J Histochem 58:2383 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25308842
- Regan E et al. Extracellular superoxide dismutase and oxidant damage in osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum 52:3479-91 (2005). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 16255039