Key features and details
- SureLight® APC Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, FRET
- Conjugation: SureLight® APC. Ex: 652nm, Em: 657nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameSureLight® APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10]
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionSureLight® APC Mouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag
ConjugationSureLight® APC. Ex: 652nm, Em: 657nm
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, FRETmore details
Synthetic peptide: AEEQKLISEE DLLRKRREQL KHKLE conjugated to KLH, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 408-432 of Human c-Myc.
Epitopeab72580 recognizes the 9E10 epitope (EQKLISEEDL sequence) derived from the human c-myc protein.
Excitation max. 652 nm. Emission max. 657.5 nm. F/P 1:1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 8.20
Preservative: 0.013% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.64% Sodium phosphate, 0.1% BSA, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 97.37% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesSize exclusion chromatography as well as some proprietary methods for purifying the final materials were used.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- DyLight® 650 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117487)
- DyLight® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117499)
- DyLight® 550 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117511)
- FITC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab117599)
- Biotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (ab197139)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223894)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223895)
- APC Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free (ab264603)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab32)
- HRP Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab62928)
- PE Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab72468)
- Biotin Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab81658)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72580 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab73711 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|FRET||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
ab72580 has been referenced in 2 publications.