Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [12G5] to Surfactant protein D/SP-D
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Surfactant protein D/SP-D antibody [12G5]
See all Surfactant protein D/SP-D primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [12G5] to Surfactant protein D/SP-D
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Surfactant protein D/SP-D.
- Epithelial cells of the lung, skin, small intestine, esophagus, gall-bladder, kidney and urinary bladder.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
FunctionContributes to the lung's defense against inhaled microorganisms. May participate in the extracellular reorganization or turnover of pulmonary surfactant. Binds strongly maltose residues and to a lesser extent other alpha-glucosyl moieties.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SFTPD family.
Contains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Hydroxylation on proline residues within the sequence motif, GXPG, is most likely to be 4-hydroxy as this fits the requirement for 4-hydroxylation in vertebrates.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Secreted > extracellular space > surface film.
- Information by UniProt
- COLEC 7 antibody
- COLEC7 antibody
- Collectin-7 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab17781 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Movia D et al. ALI multilayered co-cultures mimic biochemical mechanisms of the cancer cell-fibroblast cross-talk involved in NSCLC MultiDrug Resistance. BMC Cancer 19:854 (2019). PubMed: 31464606
- Movia D et al. Multilayered Cultures of NSCLC cells grown at the Air-Liquid Interface allow the efficacy testing of inhaled anti-cancer drugs. Sci Rep 8:12920 (2018). PubMed: 30150787
- Stoeckelhuber M et al. Immunolocalization of Surfactant Proteins SP-A, SP-B, SP-C, and SP-D in Infantile Labial Glands and Mucosa. J Histochem Cytochem 66:531-538 (2018). PubMed: 29601229
- Bartolák-Suki E et al. Optimization of Variable Ventilation for Physiology, Immune Response and Surfactant Enhancement in Preterm Lambs. Front Physiol 8:425 (2017). PubMed: 28690548
- Sarashina-Kida H et al. Gallbladder-derived surfactant protein D regulates gut commensal bacteria for maintaining intestinal homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:10178-10183 (2017). PubMed: 28878025
- Kang X et al. The ITIM-containing receptor LAIR1 is essential for acute myeloid leukaemia development. Nat Cell Biol 17:665-77 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25915125
- Nishikiori H et al. Distinct compartmentalization of SP-A and SP-D in the vasculature and lungs of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. BMC Pulm Med 14:196 (2014). PubMed: 25488319
- Rucka Z et al. Differential effects of insulin and dexamethasone on pulmonary surfactant-associated genes and proteins in A549 and H441 cells and lung tissue. Int J Mol Med 32:211-8 (2013). PubMed: 23620014