Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [VIF11] to Surfactant protein D/SP-D (Biotin)
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Surfactant protein D/SP-D antibody [VIF11] (Biotin)
See all Surfactant protein D/SP-D primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [VIF11] to Surfactant protein D/SP-D (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rat Surfactant protein D/SP-D.
EpitopeLocalised in the lectin domain of Surfactant protein D/SP-D.
- Alveolar type II cells,alveolar macrophages. Clara cells SP-A+ and SP-A-.
Previously labelled as Surfactant protein D.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15696 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/10 - 1/200. 1/10 for staining human tissue, 1/200 for staining rat tissue.|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol. 1/10 for staining human tissue, 1/200 for staining rat and mouse tissue (see Abreview).|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionContributes to the lung's defense against inhaled microorganisms. May participate in the extracellular reorganization or turnover of pulmonary surfactant. Binds strongly maltose residues and to a lesser extent other alpha-glucosyl moieties.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SFTPD family.
Contains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Hydroxylation on proline residues within the sequence motif, GXPG, is most likely to be 4-hydroxy as this fits the requirement for 4-hydroxylation in vertebrates.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Secreted > extracellular space > surface film.
- Information by UniProt
- COLEC 7 antibody
- COLEC7 antibody
- Collectin-7 antibody
ab15696 at a 1/200 dilution staining Surfactant protein D/SP-D from mouse lung tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). The antibody was incubated with the tissue for 24 hours and then detected using an Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by an anonymous researcher on 24 January 2006.
ab15696 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Hayashi G & Cortopassi G Lymphoblast Oxidative Stress Genes as Potential Biomarkers of Disease Severity and Drug Effect in Friedreich's Ataxia. PLoS One 11:e0153574 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27078885
- Schneider C et al. Induction of the nuclear receptor PPAR-? by the cytokine GM-CSF is critical for the differentiation of fetal monocytes into alveolar macrophages. Nat Immunol 15:1026-37 (2014). PubMed: 25263125
- Kasper M et al. Monoclonal antibodies to surfactant protein D: evaluation of immunoreactivity in normal rat lung and in a radiation-induced fibrosis model. Exp Lung Res 21:577-88 (1995). PubMed: 7588444