Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SV2A
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32942 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 82-92 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a role in the control of regulated secretion in neural and endocrine cells, enhancing selectively low-frequency neurotransmission. Positively regulates vesicle fusion by maintaining the readily releasable pool of secretory vesicles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation by CK1 of the N-terminal cytoplasmic domain regulates interaction with SYT1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Enriched in chromaffin granules, not present in adrenal microsomes. Associated with both insulin granules and synaptic-like microvesicles in insulin-secreting cells of the pancreas.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0736 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000014065 antibody
- SV2 antibody
Lane 1 : Marker
Lanes 2-4 : Anti-SV2A antibody (ab32942) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 2 : Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Lane 3 :
Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188) at 20 µg
Lane 4 : Rat Brain Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Lanes 2-4 : IR Dye 680 Conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 82 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 200 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
The diffuse banding pattern seen with ab32942 is attributable to the presence of multiple glycosylation sites within SV2A.
We are unsure of the identity of the higher molecular weight band at ~200 kDa.
SV2A was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Brain whole tissue lysate, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to SV2A and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Brain whole tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab32942.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 82kDa: SV2A
ab32942 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Onwordi EC et al. Synaptic density marker SV2A is reduced in schizophrenia patients and unaffected by antipsychotics in rats. Nat Commun 11:246 (2020). PubMed: 31937764
- Gunther EC et al. Rescue of Transgenic Alzheimer's Pathophysiology by Polymeric Cellular Prion Protein Antagonists. Cell Rep 26:145-158.e8 (2019). PubMed: 30605671
- Fuller NO et al. CoREST Complex-Selective Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors Show Prosynaptic Effects and an Improved Safety Profile To Enable Treatment of Synaptopathies. ACS Chem Neurosci 10:1729-1743 (2019). PubMed: 30496686
- Cox TO et al. Anti-PrPC antibody rescues cognition and synapses in transgenic alzheimer mice. Ann Clin Transl Neurol 6:554-574 (2019). PubMed: 30911579
- Keaney J et al. Inhibition of Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase Modulates Microglial Phagocytosis: Therapeutic Implications for Alzheimer's Disease. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 14:448-461 (2019). PubMed: 30758770