Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SV40 VP1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Simian Virus 40
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SV40 VP1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SV40 VP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Simian Virus 40
Recombinant fusion protein
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
RelevanceVP1 is one of three simian virus 40 (SV40) capsid proteins. VP1 assembles into pentamers which have a central cavity that contains a copy of one of the other capsid proteins, VP2 or VP3. This complex is then imported into the cell nucleus. Here, 72 of the complexes assemble around the newly synthesised viral genome to form the icosahedral capsid.
- Capsid protein VP1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-SV40 VP1 antibody (ab53977) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : BK virus infected 293TT whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mock infected 293TT whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 4 minutes
SV40 was ultracentrifuged on CsCl-gradient, fractions were collected from the top of the tube, run on PAGE, and the gel was stained with Coumassie. Equal amounts of SV40 from fractions 3,4 and 6 were run on PAGE, and the gel was stained with Coumassie. Equal amounts of SV40 from fraction 3,4 and 6 were run on PAGe and analysed by Western blot with α-VP1 and α-VP2/3
ab53977 detecting VP1 by Immunoprecipitation. Mock or SV40-transfected CV1 cells were lysed with RIPA buffer. 100 µg total protein from each lysate was pre-cleared for 1 hour and then immunoprecipitated with alpha-VP1 1/1000 overnight at 4°C. Input and IP samples were run on an SDS gel and detected with alpha-VP1 diluted 1/10,000 using the ECL method.
ab53977 at 1/1000 dilution, staining SV40 VP1 in transfected cells. Cells were transfected with SV40 or mock-transfected, fixed for 5 minutes after adsorption in 100% methanol, blocked and stained with the antibody for 1 hour at room temperature. Cells were washed and stained with an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated anti-rabbit antibody. DAPI was used to counterstain the nuclei.
ab53977 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Tsai K et al. Addition of m6A to SV40 late mRNAs enhances viral structural gene expression and replication. PLoS Pathog 14:e1006919 (2018). PubMed: 29447282
- Toscano MG et al. Generation of a Vero-Based Packaging Cell Line to Produce SV40 Gene Delivery Vectors for Use in Clinical Gene Therapy Studies. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 6:124-134 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28791314
- Raja R et al. HIV-1 Tat potently stabilises Mdm2 and enhances viral replication. Biochem J 474:2449-2464 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28468838
- Wharton KA et al. JC Polyomavirus Abundance and Distribution in Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML) Brain Tissue Implicates Myelin Sheath in Intracerebral Dissemination of Infection. PLoS One 11:e0155897 (2016). PubMed: 27191595
- Henriksen S et al. The Presumed Polyomavirus Viroporin VP4 of Simian Virus 40 or Human BK Polyomavirus Is Not Required for Viral Progeny Release. J Virol 90:10398-10413 (2016). PubMed: 27630227