Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SV40 VP2 + VP3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Simian Virus 40
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SV40 VP2 + VP3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SV40 VP2 + VP3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Simian Virus 40
Recombinant fusion protein: MAVDLYRPDD YYDILFPGVQ TFVHSVQYLD PRHWGPTLFN AISQAFWRVI QNDIPRLTSQ ELERRTQRYL RDSLARFLEE TTWTVINAPV NWYNSLQDYY STLSPIRPTM VRQVANREGL QISFGHTYDN IDEADSIQQV TERWEAQSQS PNVQSGEFIE KFEAPGGANQ RTAPQWMLPL LLGLYGSVTS ALKAYEDGPN KKKRKLSRGS SQKTKGTSAS AKARHKRRNR SSRS
This antibody recognises two of the SV40 capsid proteins - VP2 and VP3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: Whole serum, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody recognises two of the SV40 capsid proteins - VP2 and VP3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53983 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 38,26 kDa.|
RelevanceThere are three simian virus 40 (SV40) capsid proteins - VP1, VP2 and VP3. VP1 assembles into pentamers which have a central cavity that contains a copy of one of the other capsid proteins, VP2 or VP3. This complex is then imported into the cell nucleus. Here, 72 of the complexes assemble around the newly synthesised viral genome to form the icosahedral capsid.
- SwissProt: P03093 Simian Virus 40
All lanes : Anti-SV40 VP2 + VP3 antibody (ab53983) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : BK virus infected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mock 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38,26 kDa
Observed band size: 27,38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 6 minutes
SV40 was ultracentrifuged on CsCl-gradient, fractions were collected from the top of the tube, run on PAGE, and the gel was stained with Coumassie. Equal amounts of SV40 from fractions 3,4 and 6 were run on PAGE, and the gel was stained with Coumassie. Equal amounts of SV40 from fraction 3,4 and 6 were run on PAGe and analysed by Western blot with α-VP1 and α-VP2/3
ab53983 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Caller LG et al. Temporal Proteomic Analysis of BK Polyomavirus Infection Reveals Virus-Induced G2 Arrest and Highly Effective Evasion of Innate Immune Sensing. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31142673
- Tsai K et al. Addition of m6A to SV40 late mRNAs enhances viral structural gene expression and replication. PLoS Pathog 14:e1006919 (2018). PubMed: 29447282
- Panou MM et al. Agnoprotein Is an Essential Egress Factor during BK Polyomavirus Infection. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29562663
- Ravindran MS et al. Dynein Engages and Disassembles Cytosol-Localized Simian Virus 40 To Promote Infection. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29593037
- Hurdiss DL et al. New Structural Insights into the Genome and Minor Capsid Proteins of BK Polyomavirus using Cryo-Electron Microscopy. Structure 24:528-536 (2016). PubMed: 26996963