Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [158.2] to SYBL1/VAMP-7
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-SYBL1/VAMP-7 antibody [158.2]
See all SYBL1/VAMP-7 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [158.2] to SYBL1/VAMP-7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human SYBL1/VAMP-7.
- extract from rat brain
Previously labelled as SYBL1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36195 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in the targeting and/or fusion of transport vesicles to their target membrane during transport of proteins from the early endosome to the lysosome. Required for heterotypic fusion of late endosomes with lysosomes and homotypic lysosomal fusion. Required for calcium regulated lysosomal exocytosis. Involved in the export of chylomicrons from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cis Golgi. Required for exocytosis of mediators during eosinophil and neutrophil degranulation, and target cell killing by natural killer cells. Required for focal exocytosis of late endocytic vesicles during phagosome formation.
Tissue specificityDetected in all tissues tested.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 longin domain.
Contains 1 v-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle membrane. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Late endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > phagosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ53045 antibody
- FLJ53762 antibody
- FLJ54296 antibody
Anti-SYBL1/VAMP-7 antibody [158.2] (ab36195) at 1/500 dilution + Tissue lysates prepared from rat brain
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Overlay histogram showing PC12 cells stained with ab36195 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab36195, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in PC12 cells fixed with methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab36195 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Röhl J et al. Invasion by activated macrophages requires delivery of nascent membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase through late endosomes/lysosomes to the cell surface. Traffic 20:661-673 (2019). PubMed: 31297933
- Liu Y et al. Ablation of All Synaptobrevin vSNAREs Blocks Evoked But Not Spontaneous Neurotransmitter Release at Neuromuscular Synapses. J Neurosci 39:6049-6066 (2019). PubMed: 31160536
- Martín-Granado V et al. C3G promotes a selective release of angiogenic factors from activated mouse platelets to regulate angiogenesis and tumor metastasis. Oncotarget 8:110994-111011 (2017). PubMed: 29340032
- Vogel GF et al. Cargo-selective apical exocytosis in epithelial cells is conducted by Myo5B, Slp4a, Vamp7, and Syntaxin 3. J Cell Biol 211:587-604 (2015). PubMed: 26553929
- Pirooz SD et al. UVRAG is required for virus entry through combinatorial interaction with the class C-Vps complex and SNAREs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:2716-21 (2014). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24550300