Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SYN2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-SYN2 antibody
See all SYN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SYN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
- Rat brain tissue extract.
This product was previously labelled as Synapsin II
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 74, 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57.5 kDa).|
RelevanceSynapsin II is a member of the synapsin gene family. Synapsins are neuronal phosphoproteins which associate with the cytoplasmic surface of synaptic vesicles. Family members are characterized by common protein domains, and they are implicated in synaptogenesis and the modulation of neurotransmitter release, suggesting a potential role in several neuropsychiatric diseases. This member of the synapsin family is a neuron-specific phosphoprotein that selectively binds to small synaptic vesicles in the presynaptic nerve terminal.
Cellular localizationCell junction, synapse.
- SYN 2 antibody
- SYN II antibody
- SYN IIa antibody
Anti-SYN2 antibody (ab13258) at 1/2000 dilution + Rat whole brain tissue lysate at 15 µg
HRP-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57.5 kDa
Observed band size: 60,78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 seconds
Blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at 25°C.
Incubated with the primary antibody diluted in TBS + 0.1% Tween for 18 hours at 4°C.
Western blot analysis of rat cerebellum tissue, staining SYN2 with ab13258.
Samples were immunoprecipitated with antibodies against CB or mGluR4 and co-immunoprecipitated SYN2 was detected using ab13258. Synapsin I was detected using ab8 - Rabbit polyclonal to Synapsin I.
ab13258 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Plumel M et al. Circadian Analysis of the Mouse Cerebellum Proteome. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30991638
- Shi W et al. Transplantation of RADA16-BDNF peptide scaffold with human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells forced with CXCR4 and activated astrocytes for repair of traumatic brain injury. Acta Biomater 45:247-261 (2016). IF . PubMed: 27592818
- Ramos C et al. Native presynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4) interacts with exocytosis proteins in rat cerebellum. J Biol Chem 287:20176-86 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22528491
- Akchiche N et al. Homocysteinylation of neuronal proteins contributes to folate deficiency-associated alterations of differentiation, vesicular transport, and plasticity in hippocampal neuronal cells. FASEB J 26:3980-92 (2012). Rat . PubMed: 22713523
- Martin N et al. Non-injurious neonatal hypoxia confers resistance to brain senescence in aged male rats. PLoS One 7:e48828 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 23173039
- Akchiche N et al. Differentiation and neural integration of hippocampal neuronal progenitors: signaling pathways sequentially involved. Hippocampus 20:949-61 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 19714568
- Pinaud R et al. Profiling of experience-regulated proteins in the songbird auditory forebrain using quantitative proteomics. Eur J Neurosci 27:1409-22 (2008). WB ; Zebra finch . PubMed: 18364021