Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Synapsin I - Synaptic Marker
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Synapsin I antibody - Synaptic Marker
See all Synapsin I primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Synapsin I - Synaptic Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Cow Synapsin I.
- WB: Rat brain tissue lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.24% HEPES, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.0001% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa.|
FunctionNeuronal phosphoprotein that coats synaptic vesicles, binds to the cytoskeleton, and is believed to function in the regulation of neurotransmitter release. The complex formed with NOS1 and CAPON proteins is necessary for specific nitric-oxid functions at a presynaptic level.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYN1 are a cause of epilepsy X-linked with variable learning disabilities and behavior disorders [MIM:300491]. XELBD is characterized by variable combinations of epilepsy, learning difficulties, macrocephaly, and aggressive behavior.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synapsin family.
modificationsSubstrate of at least four different protein kinases. It is probable that phosphorylation plays a role in the regulation of synapsin-1 in the nerve terminal. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse. Golgi apparatus.
- Information by UniProt
- Brain protein 4.1 antibody
- SYN 1 antibody
- SYN 1a antibody
Anti-Synapsin I antibody - Synaptic Marker (ab8) + Rat brain tissue lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 80 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab8 has been referenced in 36 publications.
- Liu X et al. miR-134-5p/Foxp2/Syn1 is involved in cognitive impairment in an early vascular dementia rat model. Int J Mol Med 44:1729-1740 (2019). PubMed: 31545395
- Kullmann FA et al. Serotonergic paraneurones in the female mouse urethral epithelium and their potential role in peripheral sensory information processing. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 222:N/A (2018). PubMed: 28719042
- Hansen SN et al. Long term Westernized diet leads to region-specific changes in brain signaling mechanisms. Neurosci Lett 676:85-91 (2018). WB ; Guinea pig . PubMed: 29655945
- Hansen SN et al. Early Life Vitamin C Deficiency Does Not Alter Morphology of Hippocampal CA1 Pyramidal Neurons or Markers of Synaptic Plasticity in a Guinea Pig Model. Nutrients 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29890692
- Xie X et al. ß-actin regulates a heterochromatin landscape essential for optimal induction of neuronal programs during direct reprograming. PLoS Genet 14:e1007846 (2018). PubMed: 30557298