Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AC1] to Synaptojanin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-Synaptojanin antibody [AC1]
See all Synaptojanin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC1] to Synaptojanin
Specificityab24591 is specific for rat synsptojanin 1 protein. It may cross-react only very weakly with human synaptojanin 1. ab24591 does not cross react with mouse.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Does not react with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 1156-1286 of Rat Synaptojanin
The C-terminal proline-rich region of Synaptojanin 1 mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThe C-terminal proline-rich region of Synaptojanin 1 mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24591 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/20 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/100. Detects a band of approximately 145-170 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionInositol 5-phosphatase which has a role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis.
Tissue specificityConcentrated at clathrin-coated endocytic intermediates in nerve terminals. Isoform 1 is more enriched than isoform 2 in developing brain as well as non-neuronal cells. Isoform 2 is very abundant in nerve terminals.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptojanin family.
In the central section; belongs to the inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase family.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
Contains 1 SAC domain.
DomainBinds to EPS15 (a clathrin coat-associated protein) via a C-terminal domain containing three Asn-Pro-Phe (NPF) repeats.
The C-terminal proline-rich region mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
- Information by UniProt
- 4 antibody
- 5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase 1 antibody
- Inositol 5' phosphatase (synaptojanin 1) antibody
ab24591 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Latimer CS et al. Vitamin D prevents cognitive decline and enhances hippocampal synaptic function in aging rats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E4359-66 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 25267625
- Nemoto Y et al. Identification and characterization of a synaptojanin 2 splice isoform predominantly expressed in nerve terminals. J Biol Chem 276:41133-42 (2001). PubMed: 11498538
- Haffner C et al. Synaptojanin 1: localization on coated endocytic intermediates in nerve terminals and interaction of its 170 kDa isoform with Eps15. FEBS Lett 419:175-80 (1997). PubMed: 9428629
- Ringstad N et al. The SH3p4/Sh3p8/SH3p13 protein family: binding partners for synaptojanin and dynamin via a Grb2-like Src homology 3 domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:8569-74 (1997). PubMed: 9238017
- Nemoto Y et al. Synaptojanin 2, a novel synaptojanin isoform with a distinct targeting domain and expression pattern. J Biol Chem 272:30817-21 (1997). PubMed: 9388224