Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AC1] to Synaptojanin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-Synaptojanin antibody [AC1]
See all Synaptojanin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC1] to Synaptojanin
Specificityab24591 is specific for rat synsptojanin 1 protein. It may cross-react only very weakly with human synaptojanin 1. ab24591 does not cross react with mouse.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 1156-1286 of Rat Synaptojanin
The C-terminal proline-rich region of Synaptojanin 1 mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThe C-terminal proline-rich region of Synaptojanin 1 mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24591 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/20 - 1/100.
1/20 - 1/100.
FunctionInositol 5-phosphatase which has a role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis.
Tissue specificityConcentrated at clathrin-coated endocytic intermediates in nerve terminals. Isoform 1 is more enriched than isoform 2 in developing brain as well as non-neuronal cells. Isoform 2 is very abundant in nerve terminals.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptojanin family.
In the central section; belongs to the inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase family.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
Contains 1 SAC domain.
DomainBinds to EPS15 (a clathrin coat-associated protein) via a C-terminal domain containing three Asn-Pro-Phe (NPF) repeats.
The C-terminal proline-rich region mediates binding to a variety of SH3 domain-containing proteins including AMPH, SH3GL1, SH3GL2, SH3GL3 and GRB2.
- Information by UniProt
- 4 antibody
- 5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase 1 antibody
- Inositol 5' phosphatase (synaptojanin 1) antibody
ab24591 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Latimer CS et al. Vitamin D prevents cognitive decline and enhances hippocampal synaptic function in aging rats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E4359-66 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 25267625
- Nemoto Y et al. Identification and characterization of a synaptojanin 2 splice isoform predominantly expressed in nerve terminals. J Biol Chem 276:41133-42 (2001). PubMed: 11498538
- Haffner C et al. Synaptojanin 1: localization on coated endocytic intermediates in nerve terminals and interaction of its 170 kDa isoform with Eps15. FEBS Lett 419:175-80 (1997). PubMed: 9428629
- Ringstad N et al. The SH3p4/Sh3p8/SH3p13 protein family: binding partners for synaptojanin and dynamin via a Grb2-like Src homology 3 domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:8569-74 (1997). PubMed: 9238017
- Nemoto Y et al. Synaptojanin 2, a novel synaptojanin isoform with a distinct targeting domain and expression pattern. J Biol Chem 272:30817-21 (1997). PubMed: 9388224