Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Synaptophysin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Synaptophysin antibody
See all Synaptophysin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Synaptophysin
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a hydrophilic peptide sequence of synaptophysin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionPossibly involved in structural functions as organizing other membrane components or in targeting the vesicles to the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of short-term and long-term synaptic plasticity.
Tissue specificityCharacteristic of a type of small (30-80 nm) neurosecretory vesicles, including presynaptic vesicles, but also vesicles of various neuroendocrine cells of both neuronal and epithelial phenotype.
Involvement in diseaseMental retardation, X-linked, SYP-related
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptophysin/synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 MARVEL domain.
DomainThe calcium-binding activity is thought to be localized in the cytoplasmic tail of the protein.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH1 or SIAH2 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle, secretory vesicle, synaptic vesicle membrane. Cell junction, synapse, synaptosome.
- Information by UniProt
- Major synaptic vesicle protein p38 antibody
- MRX96 antibody
- MRXSYP antibody
ICC/IF image of ab7837 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7837, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab7837 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Kourgiantaki A et al. Neural stem cell delivery via porous collagen scaffolds promotes neuronal differentiation and locomotion recovery in spinal cord injury. NPJ Regen Med 5:12 (2020). PubMed: 32566251
- Zeineldin M et al. MYCN amplification and ATRX mutations are incompatible in neuroblastoma. Nat Commun 11:913 (2020). PubMed: 32060267
- Gan Q et al. Effects of Amylin Against Amyloid-ß-Induced Tauopathy and Synapse Loss in Primary Neurons. J Alzheimers Dis 70:1025-1040 (2019). PubMed: 31306122
- Pathak NM et al. Novel dual incretin agonist peptide with antidiabetic and neuroprotective potential. Biochem Pharmacol 155:264-274 (2018). PubMed: 30028989
- Millar P et al. Metabolic and neuroprotective effects of dapagliflozin and liraglutide in diabetic mice. J Endocrinol 234:255-267 (2017). PubMed: 28611211
- Sooy K et al. Cognitive and Disease-Modifying Effects of 11ß-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 Inhibition in Male Tg2576 Mice, a Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Endocrinology 156:4592-603 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26305888
- McClean PL & Hölscher C Liraglutide can reverse memory impairment, synaptic loss and reduce plaque load in aged APP/PS1 mice, a model of Alzheimer's disease. Neuropharmacology 76 Pt A:57-67 (2014). PubMed: 23973293
- Faivre E & Hölscher C D-Ala2GIP facilitated synaptic plasticity and reduces plaque load in aged wild type mice and in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. J Alzheimers Dis 35:267-83 (2013). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 23568101
- Faivre E & Hölscher C Neuroprotective effects of D-Ala(2)GIP on Alzheimer's disease biomarkers in an APP/PS1 mouse model. Alzheimers Res Ther 5:20 (2013). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 23601582
- McClean PL et al. The diabetes drug liraglutide prevents degenerative processes in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci 31:6587-94 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21525299