Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Syndecan-1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Syndecan-1 antibody
See all Syndecan-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Syndecan-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) surrounding amino acid 298
- Mouse tissue lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60199 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears both heparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate and that links the cytoskeleton to the interstitial matrix.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syndecan proteoglycan family.
- Information by UniProt
- CD_antigen antibody
- CD138 antibody
- CD138 antigen antibody
Anti-Syndecan-1 antibody (ab60199) at 4 µg/ml + Mouse tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The observed band size is larger than predicted due to haparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate modifications.
Anti-Syndecan-1 antibody (ab60199) at 1/2000 dilution + lysate prepared from ScN2a cells.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Samples were prepared in dissociation buffer and boiled for 5 minutes. Proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE using either 7–17% polyacrylamide gradient gels or 14.5% polyacrylamide gels. For western blot analysis, resolved proteins were transferred to Immobilon P polyvinylidene difluoride membrane. The membrane was blocked by incubation for 1 hour with phosphate-buffered saline containing 0.1% (v/v) Tween-20 and 5% (w/v) dried milk powder. Antibody incubations were performed in phosphate-buffered saline-Tween containing 2% (v/v) bovine serum albumin. Horseradish peroxidase-conjugated streptavidin was used at 1/2000.
ab60199 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Li H et al. Interferon-induced mechanosensing defects impede apoptotic cell clearance in lupus. J Clin Invest 125:2877-90 (2015). PubMed: 26098211
- Boeddeker SJ et al. Syndecan-1 knockdown in endometrial epithelial cells alters their apoptotic protein profile and enhances the inducibility of apoptosis. Mol Hum Reprod N/A:N/A (2014). Human . PubMed: 24478463
- Chaterji S et al. Syndecan-1 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype. PLoS One 9:e89824 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24587062
- Park PJ et al. An investigative peptide-acyclovir combination to control herpes simplex virus type 1 ocular infection. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:6373-81 (2013). PubMed: 23989188
- Cassano M et al. Alpha sarcoglycan is required for FGF-dependent myogenic progenitor cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo. Development 138:4523-33 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21903674
- Taylor DR et al. Glypican-1 mediates both prion protein lipid raft association and disease isoform formation. PLoS Pathog 5:e1000666 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19936054