Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B-A38] to Syndecan-1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Syndecan-1 antibody [B-A38]
See all Syndecan-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B-A38] to Syndecan-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
U266 cell line
- Bone Marrow
This antibody stains all plasma cells and plasma cell lines. No staining of other leucocytes is seen in peripheral blood or bone marrow, although some ALL cell lines express the antigen weakly. Some staining of epithelial and endothelial cells may be seen in immunohistology.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography
Primary antibody notesThis antibody stains all plasma cells and plasma cell lines. No staining of other leucocytes is seen in peripheral blood or bone marrow, although some ALL cell lines express the antigen weakly. Some staining of epithelial and endothelial cells may be seen in immunohistology.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34164 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears both heparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate and that links the cytoskeleton to the interstitial matrix.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syndecan proteoglycan family.
- Information by UniProt
- CD_antigen antibody
- CD138 antibody
- CD138 antigen antibody
ab34164 staining Syndecan in human lung tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). 5µm thick sections of tissue were heated at 60°C overnight, deparaffinized with xylene and rehydrated with an ethanol series.
Sections were stained with antibodies specific to syndecan-1 (ab34164) and EC-SOD both at a 1/500 dilution. Cy3 and Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated secondary antibodies were used.
Green - EC-SOD, Red - syndecan, Blue - nuclear stain, Yellow - co-localization.
Flow cytometry analysis of U266 cell line using ab34164
ab34164 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Hou C et al. MANF regulates splenic macrophage differentiation in mice. Immunol Lett 212:37-45 (2019). PubMed: 31226359
- Suzuki K et al. Neutrophil Elastase Damages the Pulmonary Endothelial Glycocalyx in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Experimental Endotoxemia. Am J Pathol 189:1526-1535 (2019). PubMed: 31108101
- Ryu CM et al. N-acetylcysteine prevents bladder tissue fibrosis in a lipopolysaccharide-induced cystitis rat model. Sci Rep 9:8134 (2019). PubMed: 31148586
- Petrosyan A et al. A glomerulus-on-a-chip to recapitulate the human glomerular filtration barrier. Nat Commun 10:3656 (2019). PubMed: 31409793
- Hayrabedyan S et al. Synthetic PreImplantation Factor (sPIF) induces posttranslational protein modification and reverses paralysis in EAE mice. Sci Rep 9:12876 (2019). PubMed: 31578341