Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP302Y] to Synip
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Synip antibody [EP302Y]
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP302Y] to Synip
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Synip. It is predicted to detect the isoform 2 based an sequence analysis.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Synip (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human skeletal lysate and human lung carcinoma tissue.
Previously labelled as Syntaxin-binding protein 4.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tissue culture supernatant, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPlays a role in the translocation of transport vesicles from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane. Inhibits the translocation of SLC2A4 from intracellular vesicles to the plasma membrane by STX4A binding and preventing the interaction between STX4A and VAMP2. Stimulation with insulin disrupts the interaction with STX4A, leading to increased levels of SLC2A4 at the plasma membrane. May also play a role in the regulation of insulin release by pancreatic beta cells after stimulation by glucose.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 WW domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-99 by PKB/AKT2 after insulin treatment. Phosphorylation on Ser-99 abolishes the interaction with STX4A (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ16496 antibody
- MGC149829 antibody
- MGC50337 antibody
ab40674 at a 1:250 dilution staining Synip in human lung carcinoma.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Anti-Synip antibody [EP302Y] (ab40674) at 1/5000 dilution + human skeletal lysate
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40674 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Otaka Y et al. STXBP4 Drives Tumor Growth and Is Associated with Poor Prognosis through PDGF Receptor Signaling in Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 23:3442-3452 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28087642
- Taniai E et al. Crosstalk between PTEN/Akt2 and TGFbeta signaling involving EGF receptor down-regulation during the tumor promotion process from the early stage in a rat two-stage hepatocarcinogenesis model. Cancer Sci 100:813-20 (2009). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 19309364
- Okada S et al. Synip phosphorylation is required for insulin-stimulated Glut4 translocation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:102-6 (2007). PubMed: 17336927