Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [15G2] to Syntaxin 13
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Syntaxin 13 antibody [15G2]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [15G2] to Syntaxin 13
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog
Recombinant full length protein (Rat).
- Rat or Mouse Brain Tissue Extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13261 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceSyntaxin 13 is an integral membrane protein that belongs to the t-SNARE family, a group of proteins involved in protein transport. Confocal immunofluoresence and electron microscopy studies have shown that syntaxin 13 is primarily localized to tubular early and recycling endosomes, where it colocalizes with transferrin receptor, and it is also localized in endosomal vacuoles. Syntaxin 13 has been found to be expressed in all tissues, with higher levels of the protein found in brain, lung, spleen, thymus and testes. Immunoprecipitation studies show that syntaxin 13 complexes with beta-SNAP, VAMP2/3, and SNAP25. The binding of this complex to alpha-SNAP and NSF is terminated in the presence of ATP. These results suggest that syntaxin 13 is a SNARE protein which mediates the recycling protein flow through tubulo vesicular recycling endosomes.
Cellular localizationTubular early and recycling endosomes and endosomal vacuoles.
- Dm Syx13 antibody
- ff16 antibody
- Syntaxin13 antibody
- Syx13 antibody
ab13261 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Shakya S et al. Rab22A recruits BLOC-1 and BLOC-2 to promote the biogenesis of recycling endosomes. EMBO Rep 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30404817
- Suh YH et al. Deletion of SNAP-23 Results in Pre-Implantation Embryonic Lethality in Mice. PLoS One 6:e18444 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21479242
- Sobota JA et al. Inhibitors of the V0 subunit of the vacuolar H+-ATPase prevent segregation of lysosomal- and secretory-pathway proteins. J Cell Sci 122:3542-53 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19737820