Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Syntaxin 1a
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, IP, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Syntaxin 1a antibody
See all Syntaxin 1a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Syntaxin 1a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, IP, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Cow, Macaque monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Syntaxin 1a aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- ab41453 gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Brain (Human); Brain (Mouse); Brain (Rat) ab41453 also gave a positive signal in PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Cytoplasmic Lysate (data not shown)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
FunctionPotentially involved in docking of synaptic vesicles at presynaptic active zones. May play a critical role in neurotransmitter exocytosis. May mediate Ca(2+)-regulation of exocytosis acrosomal reaction in sperm.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in embryonic spinal chord and ganglia and in adult cerebellum and cerebral cortex. Isoform 2 is expressed in heart, liver, fat, skeletal muscle, kidney and brain.
Involvement in diseaseNote=STX1A is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syntaxin family.
Contains 1 t-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- Information by UniProt
- HPC 1 antibody
- Neuron specific antigen HPC1 antibody
- Neuron-specific antigen HPC-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Syntaxin 1a antibody (ab41453) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Brain (Rat) Rat Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab41453 stained rat PC12 cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab41453, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab41453 staining Syntaxin 1a in mouse brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue from 4% PFA perfused animals underwent overnight fixation in 4% paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using cryostat.The primary antibody was diluted, 1/3000 (PBS + 0.3% Triton X100) and incubated with sample for 18 hours at 20°C. An Alexa Fluor®488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/1000 dilution, was used as secondary.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat spinal cord dorsal horn tissue, staining Syntaxin 1a with ab41453 at 1/100 dilution. Fluorescent-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Syntaxin 1a was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Brain tissue lysate, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Syntaxin 1a and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Brain tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab41453.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 33kDa, non specific band - 25kDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band; Syntaxin 1a
ab41453 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhou R et al. Baicalin regulates the dopamine system to control the core symptoms of ADHD. Mol Brain 12:11 (2019). PubMed: 30736828
- Lin L et al. Synaptic structure and alterations in the hippocampus in neonatal rats exposed to lipopolysaccharide. Neurosci Lett 709:134364 (2019). PubMed: 31288048
- Li Y et al. Endocytic recycling and vesicular transport systems mediate transcytosis of Leptospira interrogans across cell monolayer. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31012847
- Takahashi N et al. Two-photon fluorescence lifetime imaging of primed SNARE complexes in presynaptic terminals and ß cells. Nat Commun 6:8531 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26439845
- Zhou J et al. Quantitative Proteomic Analysis Reveals Molecular Adaptations in the Hippocampal Synaptic Active Zone of Chronic Mild Stress-Unsusceptible Rats. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 19:N/A (2015). PubMed: 26364272
- Suzuki R et al. Reduction of the cholesterol sensor SCAP in the brains of mice causes impaired synaptic transmission and altered cognitive function. PLoS Biol 11:e1001532 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23585733
- Tozawa T et al. The shortest isoform of dystrophin (Dp40) interacts with a group of presynaptic proteins to form a presumptive novel complex in the mouse brain. Mol Neurobiol 45:287-97 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22258561
- Zhang HH et al. Increased synaptophysin is involved in inflammation-induced heat hyperalgesia mediated by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 in rats. PLoS One 7:e46666 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 23056393