Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Syntaxin 2/STX2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Syntaxin 2/STX2 antibody
See all Syntaxin 2/STX2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Syntaxin 2/STX2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster, Monkey
- HeLa Cell Lysate, Rat Brain Tissue Extract, Mouse Brain Tissue Extract.
This product was previously labelled as Syntaxin 2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was purified on a peptide bound immunoaffinity column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12369 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33.3 kDa). human and 1/1000-1/2000 for other species.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionEssential for epithelial morphogenesis. May mediate Ca(2+)-regulation of exocytosis acrosomal reaction in sperm.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syntaxin family.
Contains 1 t-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormInhibition of syntaxin-2 and Vamp8 function by overexpression of nonmembrane-anchored mutants caused failure of cytokinesis leading to the formation of binucleated cells. There are 3 isoforms produced by alternative splicing.
- EPIM antibody
- Epimorphin antibody
- EPM antibody
All lanes : Anti-Syntaxin 2/STX2 antibody (ab12369) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 4 : Human skin tissue lysate - total protein (ab30166)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 33.3 kDa
Observed band size: 33.3 kDa
Additional bands at: 74 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab12369 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab12369, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab12369 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Xu R et al. Munc13-4 mediates human neutrophil elastase-induced airway mucin5AC hypersecretion by interacting with syntaxin2. Mol Med Rep 18:1015-1024 (2018). PubMed: 29767240
- Shi L et al. HIV and HCV Co-Culture Promotes Profibrogenic Gene Expression through an Epimorphin-Mediated ERK Signaling Pathway in Hepatic Stellate Cells. PLoS One 11:e0158386 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27362846
- Roqueta-Rivera M et al. Deficiency in the omega-3 fatty acid pathway results in failure of acrosome biogenesis in mice. Biol Reprod 85:721-32 (2011). PubMed: 21653892
- Boström P et al. SNARE proteins mediate fusion between cytosolic lipid droplets and are implicated in insulin sensitivity. Nat Cell Biol 9:1286-93 (2007). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 17922004
- Lapierre LA et al. Characterization of immunoisolated human gastric parietal cells tubulovesicles: identification of regulators of apical recycling. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1249-62 (2007). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 17255364
- Sousa AP et al. Localization of SNAREs, NSF and Caveolin 1 in human spermatozoa: relationship with seminal parameters. Arch Androl 52:347-53 (2006). PubMed: 16873134