Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TACI
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionReceptor for TNFSF13/APRIL and TNFSF13B/TALL1/BAFF/BLYS that binds both ligands with similar high affinity. Mediates calcineurin-dependent activation of NF-AT, as well as activation of NF-kappa-B and AP-1. Involved in the stimulation of B- and T-cell function and the regulation of humoral immunity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in spleen, thymus, small intestine and peripheral blood leukocytes. Expressed in resting B-cells and activated T-cells, but not in resting T-cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TNFRSF13B are the cause of immunodeficiency common variable type 2 (CVID2) [MIM:240500]. CVID2 is a primary immunodeficiency characterized by antibody deficiency, hypogammaglobulinemia, recurrent bacterial infections and an inability to mount an antibody response to antigen. The defect results from a failure of B-cell differentiation and impaired secretion of immunoglobulins; the numbers of circulating B cells is usually in the normal range, but can be low.
Defects in TNFRSF13B are a cause of immunoglobulin A deficiency 2 (IGAD2) [MIM:609529]. Selective deficiency of immunoglobulin A (IGAD) is the most common form of primary immunodeficiency, with an incidence of approximately 1 in 600 individuals in the western world. Individuals with symptomatic IGAD often have deficiency of IgG subclasses or decreased antibody response to carbohydrate antigens such as pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. Individuals with IGAD also suffer from recurrent sinopulmonary and gastrointestinal infections and have an increased incidence of autoimmune disorders and of lymphoid and non-lymphoid malignancies. In vitro studies have suggested that some individuals with IGAD have impaired isotype class switching to IgA and others may have a post-switch defect. IGAD and CVID have been known to coexist in families. Some individuals initially present with IGAD1 and then develop CVID. These observations suggest that some cases of IGAD and CVID may have a common etiology.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 267 antibody
- CD267 antibody
- CD267 antigen antibody
ab79023 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Carrillo-Ballesteros FJ et al. B-cell activating factor receptor expression is associated with germinal center B-cell maintenance. Exp Ther Med 17:2053-2060 (2019). PubMed: 30783477
- Howard L et al. TWE-PRIL reverse signalling suppresses sympathetic axon growth and tissue innervation. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30337376
- Kawai H et al. Time of Administration of Acute or Chronic Doses of Imipramine Affects its Antidepressant Action in Rats. J Circadian Rhythms 16:5 (2018). PubMed: 30210565
- Osório C et al. Selective regulation of axonal growth from developing hippocampal neurons by tumor necrosis factor superfamily member APRIL. Mol Cell Neurosci 59:24-36 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24444792
- Birnbaum T et al. Expression of B-cell activating factor, a proliferating inducing ligand and its receptors in primary central nervous system lymphoma. Neurol Int 5:e4 (2013). PubMed: 23717783