Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Tafazzin / TAZ
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Tafazzin / TAZ antibody
See all Tafazzin / TAZ primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tafazzin / TAZ
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Macaque monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Tafazzin/ TAZ aa 100-200 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in both Human and Mouse Heart tissue lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105104 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
FunctionSome isoforms may be involved in cardiolipin (CL) metabolism.
Tissue specificityHigh levels in cardiac and skeletal muscle. Up to 10 isoforms can be present in different amounts in different tissues. Most isoforms are ubiquitous. Isoforms that lack the N-terminus are found in leukocytes and fibroblasts, but not in heart and skeletal muscle. Some forms appear restricted to cardiac and skeletal muscle or to leukocytes.
Involvement in diseaseBarth syndrome
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the taffazin family.
DomainThe hydrophilic domain may serve as an exposed loop interacting with other proteins.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Barth syndrome antibody
- BTHS antibody
- Cardiomyopathy dilated 3A (X linked) antibody
All lanes : Anti-Tafazzin / TAZ antibody (ab105104) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 2 : Heart (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
Additional bands at: 110 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
Abcam recommends using milk as the blocking agent. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ab105104 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen S et al. In vitro fertilization alters phospholipid profiles in mouse placenta. J Assist Reprod Genet N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30610659
- Mejia EM et al. Expression of human monolysocardiolipin acyltransferase-1 improves mitochondrial function in Barth syndrome lymphoblasts. J Biol Chem 293:7564-7577 (2018). PubMed: 29563154
- Zhang K et al. A novel class of microRNA-recognition elements that function only within open reading frames. Nat Struct Mol Biol 25:1019-1027 (2018). PubMed: 30297778
- Eirin A et al. Restoration of Mitochondrial Cardiolipin Attenuates Cardiac Damage in Swine Renovascular Hypertension. J Am Heart Assoc 5:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27247333