Key features and details
- TNF-α processing inhibitor
- CAS Number: 171235-71-5
- Purity: > 95%
Soluble in DMSO to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameTAPI-1, TNF alpha processing inhibitor
DescriptionTNF-α processing inhibitor
- TNF-alpha protease inhibitor I
Stable, selective inhibitor of TNF-α processing (IC50 = ~100 nM). Inhibits TACE (P< 0.01) and other metalloproteases in vivo. Blocks release of TNF-α (IC50 = 50-100 µM), APP (IC50 = 1-8 µM), ACE (IC50 = 10 µM), IL6R (IC50 = 5-10 µM), TNFRI (IC50 = 5-10 µM), TNFRII (IC50 = 25-50 µM), and ObRa (leptin receptor), but not CSF-1 in vivo. Structural analog of TAPI-0.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
Soluble in DMSO to 10 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142218 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chatterjee A et al. Functions of interleukin-6 in ovulation of female climbing perch, Anabas testudineus. Anim Reprod Sci 219:106528 (2020). PubMed: 32828404
- Sun X et al. The activation of EGFR promotes myocardial tumor necrosis factor-a production and cardiac failure in endotoxemia. Oncotarget 6:35478-95 (2015). PubMed: 26486084
- Sisto M et al. The metalloproteinase ADAM17 and the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) signaling drive the inflammatory epithelial response in Sjögren's syndrome. Clin Exp Med 15:215-25 (2015). PubMed: 24664458
- Li X et al. [Effects of tumor necrosis factor-a converting enzyme on mucous hypersecretion in inflammatory airway]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:1228-32 (2014). PubMed: 25544160
- Yamamoto K et al. Pericellular proteolysis by matrix metalloproteinase-7 is differentially modulated by cholesterol sulfate, sulfatide, and cardiolipin. FEBS J 281:3346-56 (2014). PubMed: 24903600
- Zhang Y et al. The human Cathelicidin LL-37 induces MUC5AC mucin production by airway epithelial cells via TACE-TGF-a-EGFR pathway. Exp Lung Res 40:333-42 (2014). PubMed: 24901072