Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B11E8] to Tau 13
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B11E8] to Tau 13
SpecificityThe antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa human Tau-13. Reactivity to other species has not been tested.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Tau 13 (N terminal).
Database link: P10636
The antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa isoform of human Tau-13.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, Ascites, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThe antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa isoform of human Tau-13.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
RelevanceTau is a neuronal microtubule-associated protein found predominantly on axons. The function of tau is to promote tubulin polymerisation and stabilise microtubules, but it also serves to link certain signalling pathways to the cytoskeleton. Tau, in its hyperphosphorylated form, is the major component of paired helical filaments (PHF)and neurofibrillary lesions in Alzheimer's disease (AD) brain. Hyperphosphorylation impairs the microtubule binding function of tau, resulting in the destabilisation of microtubules in AD brains, ultimately leading to the degeneration of the affected neurons. Hyperphosphorylated tau is also found in a range of other central nervous system disorders. Numerous serine/threonine kinases, including GSK 3 beta, PKA, Cdk 5, and casein kinase II can phosphorylate tau.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Plasma membrane
- FTDP17 antibody
- Microtubule associated protein tau antibody
- Paired helical filament tau antibody
All lanes : Anti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8] (ab19030) at 1/5000 dilution
Lanes 1-2 : iPSC-derived neuronal culture (Human) at 2.5 µg
Lane 3 : iPSC-derived neuronal culture (Human) at 1 µg
Lane 4 : Whole brain homogenate
All lanes : HRP conjugated Goat Anti-Mouse at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 79 kDa
ab19030 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cassar M et al. Disease-Associated Mutant Tau Prevents Circadian Changes in the Cytoskeleton of Central Pacemaker Neurons. Front Neurosci 14:232 (2020). PubMed: 32292325
- Kim DK et al. Molecular and functional signatures in a novel Alzheimer's disease mouse model assessed by quantitative proteomics. Mol Neurodegener 13:2 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29338754
- Vega IE et al. Ezrin Expression is Increased During Disease Progression in a Tauopathy Mouse Model and Alzheimer's Disease. Curr Alzheimer Res 15:1086-1095 (2018). PubMed: 30101710
- Haj-Yahya M & Lashuel HA Protein Semisynthesis Provides Access to Tau Disease-Associated Post-translational Modifications (PTMs) and Paves the Way to Deciphering the Tau PTM Code in Health and Diseased States. J Am Chem Soc 140:6611-6621 (2018). PubMed: 29684271
- Lathuilière A et al. Motifs in the tau protein that control binding to microtubules and aggregation determine pathological effects. Sci Rep 7:13556 (2017). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 29051562
- Ait-Bouziad N et al. Discovery and characterization of stable and toxic Tau/phospholipid oligomeric complexes. Nat Commun 8:1678 (2017). PubMed: 29162800