Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TAZ
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TAZ antibody
See all TAZ primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TAZ
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: NIH/3T3 and NBT-II cell lysate; human kidney tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human renal cancer, placenta, kidney and colon tissues. ICC/IF: U-251 MG cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab224239 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.04 - 0.4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 0.25 - 2 µg/ml.
Fixation/Permeabilization: PFA/Triton X-100.
FunctionTranscriptional coactivator which acts as a downstream regulatory target in the Hippo signaling pathway that plays a pivotal role in organ size control and tumor suppression by restricting proliferation and promoting apoptosis. The core of this pathway is composed of a kinase cascade wherein MST1/MST2, in complex with its regulatory protein SAV1, phosphorylates and activates LATS1/2 in complex with its regulatory protein MOB1, which in turn phosphorylates and inactivates YAP1 oncoprotein and WWTR1/TAZ. WWTR1 enhances PAX8 and NKX2-1/TTF1-dependent gene activation. Regulates the nuclear accumulation of SMADS and has a key role in coupling them to the transcriptional machinery such as the mediator complex. Regulates embryonic stem-cell self-renewal, promotes cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in kidney, heart, placenta and lung. Expressed in the thyroid tissue.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 WW domain.
DomainThe PDZ-binding motif is essential for stimulated gene transcription. It localizes the protein into both punctate nuclear foci and plasma membrane-associated complexes.
Binds to transcription factors via its WW domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by LATS2 and STK3/MST2. Phosphorylation by LATS2 results in creation of 14-3-3 binding sites, retention in the cytoplasm, and functional inactivation. Phosphorylation results in the inhibition of transcriptional coactivation through YWHAZ-mediated nuclear export.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Concentrates along specific portions of the plasma membrane, and accumulates in punctate nuclear bodies. When phosphorylated, is retained in cytoplasm by YWHAZ. Can be retained in the nucleus by MED15.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZP586I1419 antibody
- FLJ27004 antibody
- FLJ45718 antibody
Anti-TAZ antibody (ab224239) at 1/250 dilution + Human kidney tissue lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
PFA-fixed, Triton X-100 permeabilized U-251 MG (human brain glioma cell line) cells stained for TAZ (green) using ab224239 at 4 µg/ml in ICC/IF.
Paraffin-embedded human placenta tissue stained for TAZ using ab224239 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Paraffin-embedded human kidney tissue stained for TAZ using ab224239 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Paraffin-embedded human renal cancer tissue stained for TAZ using ab224239 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Paraffin-embedded human colon tissue stained for TAZ using ab224239 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
All lanes : Anti-TAZ antibody (ab224239) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) cell lysate
Lane 2 : NBT-II (rat cell line) cell lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
ab224239 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Xie H et al. miR-1323 suppresses bone mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenesis and fracture healing via inhibiting BMP4/SMAD4 signaling. J Orthop Surg Res 15:237 (2020). PubMed: 32600409
- Zhang J et al. Antiapoptosis and Antifibrosis Effects of Qishen Granules on Heart Failure Rats via Hippo Pathway. Biomed Res Int 2019:1642575 (2019). PubMed: 31915683
- Chen L et al. USF1-induced upregulation of LINC01048 promotes cell proliferation and apoptosis in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma by binding to TAF15 to transcriptionally activate YAP1. Cell Death Dis 10:296 (2019). PubMed: 30931936
- Bao L et al. A FUS-LATS1/2 Axis Inhibits Hepatocellular Carcinoma Progression via Activating Hippo Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:437-451 (2018). PubMed: 30308519
- Wang X et al. TFAP2C promotes stemness and chemotherapeutic resistance in colorectal cancer via inactivating hippo signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:27 (2018). PubMed: 29439714
- Yuan X et al. Metformin inhibits glioma cells stemness and epithelial-mesenchymal transition via regulating YAP activity. Biomed Pharmacother 102:263-270 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29567539
- Ji K et al. TAZ inhibition promotes IL-2-induced apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by activating the JNK/F-actin/mitochondrial fission pathway. Cancer Cell Int 18:117 (2018). PubMed: 30127666
- Ding X et al. IL-2 augments the sorafenib-induced apoptosis in liver cancer by promoting mitochondrial fission and activating the JNK/TAZ pathway. Cancer Cell Int 18:176 (2018). PubMed: 30459526