Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TBL1
- Suitable for: ChIP, WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TBL1 antibody
See all TBL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TBL1
SpecificityDoes not cross-react with TBLR1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- HeLa nuclear extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24548 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 64 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionF-box-like protein involved in the recruitment of the ubiquitin/19S proteasome complex to nuclear receptor-regulated transcription units. Plays an essential role in transcription activation mediated by nuclear receptors. Probably acts as integral component of corepressor complexes that mediates the recruitment of the 19S proteasome complex, leading to the subsequent proteasomal degradation of transcription repressor complexes, thereby allowing cofactor exchange.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat EBI family.
Contains 1 F-box-like domain.
Contains 1 LisH domain.
Contains 8 WD repeats.
DomainThe F-box-like domain is related to the F-box domain, and apparently displays the same function as component of ubiquitin E3 ligase complexes.
- Information by UniProt
- EBI antibody
- F box like/WD repeat protein TBL1X antibody
- F-box-like/WD repeat-containing protein TBL1X antibody
Anti-TBL1 antibody (ab24548) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa nuclear extract.
Predicted band size: 63 kDa
Observed band size: 64 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
TBL1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to TBL1 - ChIP Grade (ab24548) and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab24548.
Secondary: Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 64kDa: TBL1.
ab24548 staining TBL1 (green) in Human Hela cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with methanol and blocked with 0.2% fish scale gelatin for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300 in PBS + 0.2% fish scale gelatin) for 20 minutes at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab24548 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Rivero S et al. TBL1 is required for the mesenchymal phenotype of transformed breast cancer cells. Cell Death Dis 10:95 (2019). PubMed: 30705280
- Guy J et al. A mutation-led search for novel functional domains in MeCP2. Hum Mol Genet 27:2531-2545 (2018). PubMed: 29718204
- Hanigan TW et al. Divergent JNK Phosphorylation of HDAC3 in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells Determines HDAC Inhibitor Binding and Selectivity. Cell Chem Biol 24:1356-1367.e8 (2017). PubMed: 28943357
- Stoy C et al. Transcriptional co-factor Transducin beta-like (TBL) 1 acts as a checkpoint in pancreatic cancer malignancy. EMBO Mol Med 7:1048-62 (2015). ChIP . PubMed: 26070712
- Chen Y et al. TBLR1 fuses to retinoid acid receptor a in a variant t(3;17)(q26;q21) translocation of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Blood 124:936-45 (2014). PubMed: 24782508
- Heckman LD et al. Rett-causing mutations reveal two domains critical for MeCP2 function and for toxicity in MECP2 duplication syndrome mice. Elife 3:N/A (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24970834
- Ramadoss S et al. Transducin ß-like protein 1 recruits nuclear factor ?B to the target gene promoter for transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol 31:924-34 (2011). ChIP . PubMed: 21189284
- Dimitrova YN et al. Direct ubiquitination of beta-catenin by Siah-1 and regulation by the exchange factor TBL1. J Biol Chem 285:13507-16 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20181957
- Yoon HG et al. Reading and function of a histone code involved in targeting corepressor complexes for repression. Mol Cell Biol 25:324-35 (2005). PubMed: 15601853
- Yoon HG et al. Purification and functional characterization of the human N-CoR complex: the roles of HDAC3, TBL1 and TBLR1. EMBO J 22:1336-46 (2003). PubMed: 12628926