Product nameAnti-Tbx2 antibody
See all Tbx2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tbx2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Xenopus laevis
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human tissue lysates: Kidney; Lung; Heart
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33298 in the following tested applications.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInvolved in the transcriptional regulation of genes required for mesoderm differentiation. Probably plays a role in limb pattern formation.
Tissue specificityExpressed primarily in adult in kidney, lung, and placenta. Weak expression in heart and ovary.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 T-box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ10169 antibody
- HGNC:11597 antibody
- T box 2 antibody
Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded mouse bone marrow section stained with ab33298 Tbx2 antibody at 1/500 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-Tbx2 antibody (ab33298) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 2 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
Observed band size: 74 kDa
ab33298 staining Tbx2 in mouse heart and somatopleure tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with methanol. Samples were then blocked with 5% serum for 2 hours at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/100 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. An undiluted Cy2®-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG was used as secondary antibody.
ab33298 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Durbin AD et al. Selective gene dependencies in MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma include the core transcriptional regulatory circuitry. Nat Genet 50:1240-1246 (2018). PubMed: 30127528
- Lv Y et al. TBX2 over-expression promotes nasopharyngeal cancer cell proliferation and invasion. Oncotarget 8:52699-52707 (2017). PubMed: 28881763
- Liu F et al. TBX2 expression is regulated by PAX3 in the melanocyte lineage. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:67-77 (2013). PubMed: 23020925
- Lüdtke TH et al. Tbx2 controls lung growth by direct repression of the cell cycle inhibitor genes Cdkn1a and Cdkn1b. PLoS Genet 9:e1003189 (2013). PubMed: 23341776