Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Tbx3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Tbx3 antibody
See all Tbx3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tbx3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Tbx3 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in nuclear extracts from the following cell lines: HepG2; MCF7. IHC-P (FFPE): Human Placenta (Normal) tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99302 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 79 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor involved in developmental processes. Probably plays a role in limb pattern formation.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TBX3 are the cause of ulnar-mammary syndrome (UMS) [MIM:181450]. UMS is characterized by ulnar ray defects, obesity, hypogenitalism, delayed puberty, hypoplasia of nipples and apocrine glands.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 T-box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Bladder cancer related protein XHL antibody
- T box 3 antibody
- T-box protein 3 antibody
ab99302 staining Tbx3 in HepG2 cells. The cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde (10min), permeabilized with 0.1%PBS-Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1%PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab99302 at 5μg/ml and ab7291, Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control, at 1/1000 dilution. Cells were then incubated with ab150081, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) pre-adsorbed, at 1/1000 dilution (shown in green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) pre-adsorbed, at 1/1000 dilution (shown in pseudocolor red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Perkin Elmer, Operetta CLS).
All lanes : Anti-Tbx3 antibody (ab99302) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 :
MCF7 nuclear extract lysate (ab14860)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 79 kDa
Observed band size: 79 kDa
Additional bands at: 22 kDa, 77 kDa (possible isoform). We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Ab99302 should recognise all three isoforms of Tbx3. We are probably observing Isoform I and Isoform II on this Western Blot image. The molecular weights of Isoform I and Isoform II are 77- and 79-kDa respectively.
IHC image of Tbx3 staining in Human Placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab99302, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab99302 staining Tbx3 in the AR42J-B13 rat pancreatic tumor cell line by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton/PBS and blocked with blocking buffer for 60 minutes at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody at a dilution of 1/5000.
ab99302 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Bhattacharyya S et al. Using Gjd3-CreEGFP mice to examine atrioventricular node morphology and composition. Sci Rep 9:2106 (2019). PubMed: 30765799
- Krstic M et al. TBX3 promotes progression of pre-invasive breast cancer cells by inducing EMT and directly up-regulating SLUG. J Pathol 248:191-203 (2019). PubMed: 30697731
- Omar R et al. COL1A2 is a TBX3 target that mediates its impact on fibrosarcoma and chondrosarcoma cell migration. Cancer Lett 459:227-239 (2019). PubMed: 31202624
- Fernandez-Perez A et al. Hand2 Selectively Reorganizes Chromatin Accessibility to Induce Pacemaker-like Transcriptional Reprogramming. Cell Rep 27:2354-2369.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31116981
- Barry DM et al. Molecular determinants of nephron vascular specialization in the kidney. Nat Commun 10:5705 (2019). PubMed: 31836710
- Ichijo R et al. Tbx3-dependent amplifying stem cell progeny drives interfollicular epidermal expansion during pregnancy and regeneration. Nat Commun 8:508 (2017). PubMed: 28894084
- Krstic M et al. The transcriptional regulator TBX3 promotes progression from non-invasive to invasive breast cancer. BMC Cancer 16:671 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27553211
- Emechebe U et al. T-box3 is a ciliary protein and regulates stability of the Gli3 transcription factor to control digit number. Elife 5:N/A (2016). IF . PubMed: 27046536