Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TCF-4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TCF-4 antibody
See all TCF-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TCF-4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Cow, Dog, Macaque monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Mouse tissue lysates: Cortex; Cerebellum; Olfactory Bulb; Hippocampus; Liver; as well as the following whole cell lysates: HepG2; HCT116; Caco2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab130014 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 71 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the immunoglobulin enchancer Mu-E5/KE5-motif. Binds to the E-box present in the somatostatin receptor 2 initiator element (SSTR2-INR) to activate transcription (By similarity). Preferentially binds to either 5'-ACANNTGT-3' or 5'-CCANNTGG-3'.
Tissue specificityExpressed in adult heart, brain, placenta, skeletal muscle and to a lesser extent in the lung. In developing embryonic tissues, expression mostly occurs in the brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TCF4 are a cause of Pitt-Hopkins syndrome (PTHS) [MIM:610954]. PTHS is a rare syndromic encephalopathy characterized by severe psychomotor delay, epilepsy, daily bouts of diurnal hyperventilation starting in infancy, mild postnatal growth retardation, postnatal microcephaly, and distinctive facial features. Since most hitherto reported cases have been sporadic, with males and females equally affected, PTHS is regarded as an autosomal dominant condition.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb19 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 19 antibody
- E2 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TCF-4 antibody (ab130014) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Cortex Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Cerebellum Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Olfactory Bulb Lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 7 : HCT 116 (Human Colorectal Carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 8 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 71 kDa
Observed band size: 71 kDa
Additional bands at: 260 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 5% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab130014 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab130014 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhou JY et al. Hydrolyzed wheat gluten alleviates deoxynivalenol-induced intestinal injury by promoting intestinal stem cell proliferation and differentiation via upregulation of Wnt/ß-catenin signaling in mice. Food Chem Toxicol 131:110579 (2019). PubMed: 31202940
- Jung M et al. Analysis of the expression pattern of the schizophrenia-risk and intellectual disability gene TCF4 in the developing and adult brain suggests a role in development and plasticity of cortical and hippocampal neurons. Mol Autism 9:20 (2018). PubMed: 29588831
- Rathert P et al. Transcriptional plasticity promotes primary and acquired resistance to BET inhibition. Nature 525:543-7 (2015). PubMed: 26367798