Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TCF3 / E2A
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TCF3 / E2A antibody
See all TCF3 / E2A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TCF3 / E2A
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total TCF3/E2A protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthesized peptide derived from the C terminus of human TCF3/E2A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography, using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69999 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionHeterodimers between TCF3 and tissue-specific basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins play major roles in determining tissue-specific cell fate during embryogenesis, like muscle or early B-cell differentiation. Dimers bind DNA on E-box motifs: 5'-CANNTG-3'. Binds to the kappa-E2 site in the kappa immunoglobulin gene enhancer.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving TCF3 are cause of forms of pre-B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL). Translocation t(1;19)(q23;p13.3) with PBX1; Translocation t(17;19)(q22;p13.3) with HLF. Inversion inv(19)(p13;q13) with TFPT.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsPhosphorylated following NGF stimulation.
- Information by UniProt
- AGM8 antibody
- bHLHb21 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 21 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TCF3 / E2A antibody (ab69999) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells, minus immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells, plus immunising peptide 5µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa
ab69999, at a 1/50 dilution, staining human TCF3/E2A in brain, using Immunohistochemistry, Formalin/PFA fixed Paraffin embedded tissue, minus immunising peptide (left image) and plus immunising peptide (right image).
ab69999 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ahmed NS et al. Epidermal E-Cadherin Dependent ß-Catenin Pathway Is Phytochemical Inducible and Accelerates Anagen Hair Cycling. Mol Ther 25:2502-2512 (2017). PubMed: 28803863
- Loriot C et al. Deciphering the molecular basis of invasiveness in Sdhb-deficient cells. Oncotarget 6:32955-65 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26460615
- Li C et al. Hypomethylation-associated up-regulation of TCF3 expression and recurrence in stage II and III colorectal cancer. PLoS One 9:e112005 (2014). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 25375219
- Lee K et al. Snail1, Snail2, and E47 promote mammary epithelial branching morphogenesis. EMBO J 30:2662-74 (2011). IF, WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21610693